Hog hunting outfitter in South Carolina

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shafferm

Hog hunting outfitter in South Carolina

Post by shafferm »

I am working on planning a wild boar hunt with my dad down in South Carolina. Looking online I was able to dig up a couple of outfitters. But I was hoping that someone here on the forum had some more info/recommendations

Would plan on using the Excals and possibly the muzzleloader as well and going for meat sows.

This place looked promising
http://www.hunthogs.com/south_carolina_ ... ticles.php

Here was a listing of other outfitters as well for the state
http://www.huntingtripsrus.com/wild-boa ... olina.html

Any advice is appreciated.
Turtleman

Re: Hog hunting outfitter in South Carolina

Post by Turtleman »

Two pretty good ones i know of that seem to get allot of attention are Black River plantation & Buck & Boar. I am planning a trip to Buck and Boar for 2011 the owner there is Troy Ayers. They both have a website. Hope this helps. Whoever you end up going with let me know how it goes! Stick a pig! Chris
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

As long as you stay away from Bostic Plantation you should be ok. Worked for them in the 80s and they had plenty of hogs but when I returned for a hunt in 2000, they were shooting very few adult hogs. Their advertisements are certainly unrealistic results that one should expect from a hunt there.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
GGC

Post by GGC »

Just a few thoughts. I've hunted deer and hogs over 20 years around Estill,SC.
Hogs and water go hand in hand, find a place near or on the Savana River. If you're
stand hunting over a feeder or corn thrown on the ground, find out how long your
shots will be. A stand 80-100 yards away from the corn is common. If you book a WARM season hunt, even as late as November, you will most likely sweat your a***
off. Did I mention skeeters, be prepared!!! Get some feedback from hunters who
booked with the outfitter of your choice. Please one more thing, be extra careful with your credit card. You will be in a depressed area and ID theft can easily happen, I know from past experience. It took over two years of bull to fix.
Cash is still king. The plantation we hunted is private and does not book hunts.
Hope this helps a little. GGC
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Ray and GGC thanks for the info, helps to narrow it down a bit and a few more questions to ask when I contact them.

GGC welcome to the forum as well.