Questions to ask when buying a used CB

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

muskiewannabe

Questions to ask when buying a used CB

Post by muskiewannabe »

Good afternoon everyone,

I am looking to buy my first CB and have seen a few used ones for around $600 but I am wondering what kinds of questions do I ask and what do I loko for to make certain the CB is in good working order? What types of things should I be looknig for, either good or bad.

Thanks for the help,

Brian
one shot scott

Re: Questions to ask when buying a used CB

Post by one shot scott »

First question for me would be if it were carved or molded tips on the limbs. The older versions were carved tip. Another thing important to me would be what scope (if any) comes with it. Once you see the bow you an tell what condition its in and what life its had. (Lots of scratches and chipped paint)

Edit to add: Exaliburs have an excellent warranty. Its one bow I dont mind buying used because they are simple and not much an go wrong with them, and almost any defect is going to be really obvious. but in the odd chance that something does happen, the guys at excal will look after you.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
muskiewannabe

Post by muskiewannabe »

I found a phoenix that is only 1 year old that I am thinknig about...
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

How much you want for it? Does that include shipping? I always ask! LOL
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

muskiewannabe wrote:I found a phoenix that is only 1 year old that I am thinknig about...
one like that on CGN and out of doors. Was mine then he said a friend may want it. Messaged last night and told him to forget it. Only shot 5 times, less than a year old, quiver, $425. Thats kinda what my big sale was for this weekend. Got all the cash, but will find new things for my truck with the cash now. Possible he got nervious about me but I am no longer in a hurry to buy something from someone until I investigate them and phone them first a couple times. Almost got burned once and now I am very careful. Alot of scammers out there now. If that's the bow, he is a good guy and can be found easy enought. He is sponsered by a hunting company with his name and picture on there website. He just had 1 feedback listed, one positive feedback I might add but that put me on guard. Could even be a member here I don't know.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Ask if they have the sales slip ..most people wanting to sell say they only had it a month to a year and only shot it a few times. Ask what turned them on to a CB and what turned them off...most of the time another story comes to the surface.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

onebigskittle wrote:Ask if they have the sales slip ..most people wanting to sell say they only had it a month to a year and only shot it a few times. Ask what turned them on to a CB and what turned them off...most of the time another story comes to the surface.
Good one, get them on to a different train of thought and out of just a planned sales pitch. Thats why I phone a couple times and talk about other hunting things as well.
JRS

Post by JRS »

wheelie wrote: He just had 1 feedback listed, one positive feedback I might add but that put me on guard.
Hey, we all have to start somewhere. Saw the ad myself, and it piqued my curiosity.
muskiewannabe

Post by muskiewannabe »

I saw the post on OOD but the one I am gettnig is not that one. I found a Phoenix with the lite stuff package with a soft case and extra arrows for a good price. I have spoken with him a few times and everything seems legit. He emailed me a bunch of pictures and there doesn't appear to be any scratches or anything on it that would make me question it. We have planned to meet Friday, as we live an hour and change apart, to do the sale. I'm pretty excited and needless to say I'll have o bring flowers home for my wife one day this week!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

JRS wrote:
wheelie wrote: He just had 1 feedback listed, one positive feedback I might add but that put me on guard.
Hey, we all have to start somewhere. Saw the ad myself, and it piqued my curiosity.
Very true but can't help the way I feel. :) :)