Hip Replacement

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tar Heel

Hip Replacement

Post by Tar Heel »

My surgery is Jan. 24th I would like to hear from some members that have had it done. My Docs
assistant told me no more crossing your legs, no more squatting past 90 degrees no more getting on your knees.
I rather hear from someone that has had it done what they can do. Driving how long before,
can you put up a tree stand, how much weight can you carry ( now I can hardly hold myself up)

Thanks in advance

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
End of the road

Re: Hip Replacement

Post by End of the road »

Everyone is different and your docs know your case best but for info, I had a friend that had a hip replacement done a few years back. He is not a hunter but was a big hiker and could hardly walk before his surgery. It took him a couple months but he was pretty much as good as new and back on the trail. I have not seen him have any problems with sitting or getting on his knees and he has no more pain.

Good luck with yours.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Tar Heel, The one type of hip procedure which will not give you the problems the orthopods assistant told you about is an MIS Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty. I've been assisting on then for over a year. The people are out of bed and walking that night. There is next no tissue damage and the incision is about 10 to 12 CM long. It is the one hip procedure I recommend above all now.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
wabi

Post by wabi »

No idea or experience with the procedure - but I would like to wish you the best possible outcome and a quick recovery!
wabi
Isis

Post by Isis »

My wife has had both hips replaced over the last 10yrs.
She has cross country skied, snow shoes, rides a bike, hikes, kneels down when in a canoe, and swims. I can't remember how long before she could drive.
Crossing your legs is a no-no though.
To look at her you wouldn't even know she had it done.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

i had my left re-done ceramic on ceramic 4 years ago. Im a big guy 6ft 270lbs. I do more now than i did before surgery. hike,hunt, go up trees in my climber. The only thing i wont do is bowl again. I tried that and the way it makes you cross your stance or legs on your aproach dang near popped my ball out of its socket...Jumping down on to the ground is a no no too..you will be very happy
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Had my 4th revision done 11/26/10. Am still in recovery and doing well. If you have found the right Dr. I am sure you will do well. I was driving within 14 days on a couple of the revisions. It is wonderful to be out of pain.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
WTB

Post by WTB »

I had a total right hip R&R Sept 09 and Bi-lateral total Knee R&R March 2010.

DO YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPHY!!!!!!

START NOW.