lithium batteries in the Bushnell game cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

lithium batteries in the Bushnell game cam

Post by wabi »

Decided to try lithium AA batteries (8 batteries) in my Bushnell game cam this year.
I believe they have held up well enough to call it a success.
I installed them July 15, 2010 and they still show 3 bars in the battery meter, but are finally weakening enough to drop to 2 bars for a moment when I power up the display screen.
Not sure of the exact picture count, but in July & August I was getting around 200 pics a day, and since the acorns dropped (Sept.) it has averaged around 60 pics, so a low guess would be (180x60=) 10,800 pics on one set of batteries!!!

Guess that many pics in 6 months (and still working) has convinced me the $10. for 8 batteries wasn't a bad investment.
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: lithium batteries in the Bushnell game cam

Post by Doe Master »

I agree . I put my batteries in about September and they are still going strong as far as I know as of last weekend . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Missin

Post by Missin »

Small 12v battery hooked up by the lead. No need to worry about dying batteries :lol: Thats a stealth cam though, since my bushnell wouldnt even turn on when i got it.

Thats a heck of alot of photos though wabi.
chessy

Post by chessy »

You are correct. i have had my camera out over 2 weeks now it has preformed flawlessly . i have taken over 1200 pic still showing full bars and it has been as cold as -5f here in ontario .