I just made my first website....Wilmot Rod and Gun

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

watamach

I just made my first website....Wilmot Rod and Gun

Post by watamach »

Hi Guys, Please have a look and let me know what you think. I formatted it in flash so some apple devices and mobile wont work but on all PC's I'm good. I have never made a website and spent around 5 hours on this one. The content is almost complete but the tricky part was domain name, pointing mx record etc.

The purpose of this website is to promote the Wilmot Rod and Gun in Baden. Its a great facility (I use it mostly for archery practice because its safe) I have a ladder stand and 3D target set up. If I can get some more members specific to archery I can get more targets and possibly a 3D set up in the bush.

Its $80 to join.

Have a look.
http://www.wilmotrodandgun.com

Thanks
Chris
Huntz

Re: I just made my first website....Wilmot Rod and Gun

Post by Huntz »

Looks good to me!!!! :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Website looks great and the triathalon sounds like a blast as well!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Looks first rate to me nice work.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

ummm website says $90. to join. LOL $80 here you say. We get an excalipur discount? LOL j/k nice work
watamach

Post by watamach »

[quote="wheelie"]ummm website says $90. to join. LOL $80 here you say. We get an excalipur discount? LOL j/k nice work[/quote]

It's $80 until March 1st but it sounds better to say its an Excalibur discount.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good job on the site. I like the way it goes from page to page. You did a great job with the pictures and the information.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Great club! Two of my uncles are members (Steve and Howie) and my dad goes out and plays darts every week with them. If I lived closer I would deffinatly join the club but its almost an hour drive from my place in Arthur :-(

Good to see you getting the archery up and going! They are always wanting me to come out to shoot trap or do a turkey shoot but I can never find the time!

Ryan
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Looks Good
What kind of archery do they offer any thoughts on 3D course?
Tenpoint Matrix
watamach

Post by watamach »

Ryan, Know your Uncles well thanks for the note.

Dereck - There are no concrete plans on archery just a dream. What I need is more interested members that have archery as an interest. Currently I use my ladder stand and shoot into targets that I set up. A deer 3D at 25 yds, stinger block at 35 and another at 45yds. I practice for hunting only not competitive. I would want a 3D set up simply for additional hunting practice myself but also know it would grow the membership. I was also thinking setting up a range would encourage young people and non-hunters. If you join you will add to the 4 strong in archery we are so far. Let me know if you want to check it out. If I remember correctly you might live in New Dundee.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I would like to check it out as it is minutes from my house and my kids like to shoot crossbows so it would save us driving up to the Bow Shop all the time.
Tenpoint Matrix
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Chris
I too knew Chris Steinmann. He went to my church was hard to hear of his passing that week. He was a nice guy. Know the place well and area as many friends and relatives in Wilmot. Wife grew up just down the road by Morningside. xbowkidd also is in New Dundee. will be shooting at New Hamburg Friday nights with Bieman,xbowkidd, Jim and Chuck
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Chris, the site looks very good, especially for your first one.

But just fyi, not all PC's support Flash. Only people who have Flash installed on their browser will see it. While this is a lot of the population out there, there are also many who are using older computers and older browsers that don't support Flash.

Also, contrary to what some say, most search engines can not crawl and index a Flash site. Some may be able to crawl parts, but for the most part, SE's and Flash don't play well together.

For your next website, you might want to consider using the WordPress platform. It' technically a blogging platform, but it's evolved to the point where you can make some really nice websites with it. It's also very easy to install. Most of the popular webhost have a 1 click install for it. There are also tons and tons of free templates to use.

Plus, search engines like Google love it and usually index them quickly. Of course, getting indexed in search engines is only important to you if you want to rank for search terms.

Keep up the good work. You're obviously have a talent for making websites!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
watamach

Post by watamach »

Thanks OKXbowhunter for the feedback and information. I have since made another design on wordpress and agree this is better then flash and Wix I used. I will save that for next year as I just wanted to get it going quickly. Appreciate it.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Very nice website! Do you guys have a family membership rate if a husband and wife want to become members?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger