O/T - Break and enter suspect found in the home

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CDN Taxman

O/T - Break and enter suspect found in the home

Post by CDN Taxman »

GUELPH, Ontario

Guelph Police decided not to charge a break-and-enter culprit despite finding the suspect standing in the victim’s home.

In a brazen and destructive break-in, a young female deer crashed head-first through a garden door Thursday night on Bishop Court.

The residents of the home were out of town and a neighbour who had been watching the home called police upon realizing the deer had entered the home.

Police arrived shortly after 11 p.m. and found a deer in the living room of the residence.

When officers entered the home, they startled the deer. It became unstable on its feet on a tile floor and caused some interior damage to the home.

“Despite being directed verbally to leave the residence, the deer stubbornly refused,” Sgt. Doug Pflug said in a media release.

Their shouting was an attempt to scare the deer away.

The deer was able to close the garden door it had entered. The deer stood in front of the door and defiantly stared through the window at officers.

Officers asked for assistance from a veterinary technician at the Ontario Veterinary College. Together, with members of the Guelph Fire Department, they devised a rescue plan.

A large tarp was used to conceal the humans at the scene. The door was then opened with a long pole. Once the deer was comfortable, it left the residence on its own accord without looking back.

The deer caused damage to the exterior of the residence, where the door window was broken, and damaged a deadbolt lock and interior door frame.

A number of pieces of furniture were damaged in the home and deer fur was found throughout.

The deer did receive a small cut from broken glass when it entered the residence, but generally left the area in good health.

The deer, of no fixed address, was last seen relaxing in the backyard of the residence.
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Re: O/T - Break and enter suspect found in the home

Post by wheelie »

LOL I couldn't be that lucky to have one break in. I would have told officers to board the windows shut till I get home.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Should have asked the deer to stay for dinner. :wink:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I worked at the local hospital in the early 70's mowing the lawn. I was in high school. While on 5pm break, a deer crashed through the glass door of the employee entrance and proceeded to run deep into the hospital, and came one door from entering the operating room. It's neck was gashed and it left blood everywhere. We eventually herded it into the maintenance shop where we thought we had it contained but it got up on the work benches and crashed out a window, falling 10 feet and breaking a leg. It made it over a mile away on 3 legs before the animal control people caught up with it in someones backyard and euthanised it. Deer and buildings just don't mix. :lol: Gary
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , I like the one of boarding up the windows, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: