Equinox Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mountainxbow

Equinox Trigger

Post by mountainxbow »

I'm new to crossbows and the Forum. I am enjoying my recently purchased Equnox greatly, but feel the trigger could be improved. I have done trigger jobs on revolvers and long guns in the past, and am seeking advice before working on my Equinox. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
wheelie

Re: Equinox Trigger

Post by wheelie »

Welcome to the forum, I will let someone else answer your question with alot more knowledge than I have. But I will say this, My understanding is it voids warrenty, but some have done theres.
Archer Ontario

Post by Archer Ontario »

talk to Boo he will fix your problem
mountainxbow

Post by mountainxbow »

Boo, any sage advice on my Equinox trigger? I would like to remove the creep and reduce the pull weight if it can be safely done. Thanks!
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Impossible to remove the creep but you can improve the feel of it.You can make the creep feel like a slight slide rather than the gritty feel it has now.
As said above Boo is the expert on these He has done mine and many members on the forum.

A member was over in the last little while to do a trade and shot my bow, his trigger unit was in Boo's hands 2 weeks later I think that says it all.
Tenpoint Matrix
Boo

Post by Boo »

The way the trigger is designed you can safely reduce the pull but you should never reduce the creep with the exception of the bow being used in explicitly controlled conditions like target shooting. My Vortex has a 2.3 lb trigger with all the original creep. There are too many variables in hunting to do anything but lighten the trigger. Lightening a crossbow trigger is a far more precarious thing compared to firearms because of the weight that the sears hold. Take it to a gunsmith and remind him that the sears are holding a whole bunch of weight.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Smoothbore

Post by Smoothbore »

So what do you do to the trigger Boo . To lighten it up .
deek

Post by deek »

deleted
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

I have an Equinox and had the same trigger complaints. I modified mine, the trigger now has about 1/2 the pull weight and is silky smooth. It is all done externally,so the warranty wouldn't be voided.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Chilly wrote:I have an Equinox and had the same trigger complaints. I modified mine, the trigger now has about 1/2 the pull weight and is silky smooth. It is all done externally,so the warranty wouldn't be voided.
What did you do from the outside if the trigger unit?
Tenpoint Matrix
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

I drilled a hole in the bottom of the trigger guard and put what looks like an aluminum rivet into this hole, this rivet only touches the original trigger at its lowest point. The rivet then acts like a lever and greatly reduces the trigger pull as well as making it smooth as silk.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Chilly wrote:I drilled a hole in the bottom of the trigger guard and put what looks like an aluminum rivet into this hole, this rivet only touches the original trigger at its lowest point. The rivet then acts like a lever and greatly reduces the trigger pull as well as making it smooth as silk.
My concern would be what happens when the trigger wears? Could be an accident waiting to happen.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Chilly wrote:I drilled a hole in the bottom of the trigger guard and put what looks like an aluminum rivet into this hole, this rivet only touches the original trigger at its lowest point. The rivet then acts like a lever and greatly reduces the trigger pull as well as making it smooth as silk.
(UNBELIEVEABLE)
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Missin

Post by Missin »

And you dont think that would void warranty :o !!

PS Drilling and putting a rivet in doesnt really count as only external work :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Image We want Boo! We want Boo! LOL