how bout some leather........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

how bout some leather........

Post by bob1961 »

here is my possibles bag i made to go with my other flintlock stuff....started with some grey died leather cut to shape and pillow ticking glued to the leather for the inside lining of the bag....

the strap mounts all laid out with holes punched and sewn on with metal buckles from ceiling light chain....

starting to sew the bag pieces together by hand with waxed hemp cord after using a pair of leather punch pliers to make holes....

to get the outside seam and hide any stitching i had to sew the bag together inside out, then turn it outside right when done....

then to cover the leather edge i used a strip of leather bout 3/4" wide and folded it in half then sewn it on the edge of the bag opening....then did the same to the front cover flap....

then on to the strap, i made a jig to hold the pieces together from 1"x3" pine board being the strap was not to wide....sorry i don't have pic's of the jig, maybe i do on my CPU somewhere but not in photo bucket as of now....i'll post up if i find/have them....well here is the finished strap that has over 500 holes in it :shock: ....i left one side of the leather longer to fold over to go through the metal loops sewn to the back of the bag earlier....

sewn a loop on the inside seam to hold my short starter in so it is right at hand when i open the bag....

notice the oct 2006 dates in the pictures, plus the feb 2007 in my other threads....i did all this work within 6 months of my brain surgery as my therapy and healing process from the nerve damage left from the surgery....
i'll have to look and see what other pictures i have of the process i'm sure i missed uploading to photo bucket :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
secret

Re: how bout some leather........

Post by secret »

NICE!!!!!!! If you make Buckskins make sure you use Sinue! Much stronger than hemp!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i don't think i'll go that far :lol: ....but i will use the rifle and stuff for hunting :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
Muskyhunter1

Post by Muskyhunter1 »

Very functional, yet very trendy.

Hope you are going to model it for us :lol:

Lookout Paris.............

good job.
Blood on the floor

Post by Blood on the floor »

Are you more proud of the therapy - or the bag?
To me you are a winner on both.
Did you follow written instructions or have a Therapist assist on this project?
It did turn out very good.
mark 10 :13
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i used my own plans by the size of the bag i wanted for what i needed :wink: ....aug 18th this year will be 5 years to the date i had my surgery, let me tell ya it has been one hell of a ride folks :lol: ....at 49 now i have never been in the hospital a day in my life and then BAMM....11 days after a 10 hour surgery, 3 days in I.C.U. then 7 days on there therapy floor before they let me go home....then in one 300 miles from home with no car my g/f and son to use to come visit me....only my one daugter came to visit the only chance she could the monday after i was out of I.C.U. from the wed before she drove me there in the first place....sure as heck i'm proud of what i was/am able to do once again that i couldn't do before the surgery, still can't walk and not look like i'm drunk :lol: ....but that 6 to 9 months afterwards i did all this stuff really helped lift my spirits from the bad depression i was in....know i couldn't shoot my compound bow anymore and had to go the crossbow route to archery hunt deer by diabled permit PA had at the time....then later in 07 i found this site after doing my homework finding excalibur crossbows were the one to buy :wink: ....i really want to thank all who have helped me in my newbi question's when i started bugging the crap out of them after joining here, they all know who i am talking bout :wink: ....well once again thank you all for reading my project threads and have enjoyed them to boot :wink: ........bob

p.s....in case any body was wondering why i haven't smiled in any of my deer pic's posted here is cause i look like more like hell then i do if i try :roll: :lol: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Good looking leather work Bob. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]