Anti dry fire for Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Anti dry fire for Excalibur

Post by Boo »

awshucks wrote:
Old Jim wrote:If you start with a basic Excalibur and want to add your own scope, then the cost is about $50.00 because you don't have to buy an Excalibur scope mount. Not bad when I buy my next Vortex and Hawke XB-30.
Somebody incorporated an ADD into a scope mount? Wow, would like to see how that gem works. Did I miss a link or pics? Tia, OJ
I have one and it's a pig of a mount. As massive as a frogs butt in a Speedo in Florida!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Boo wrote:
awshucks wrote:
Old Jim wrote:If you start with a basic Excalibur and want to add your own scope, then the cost is about $50.00 because you don't have to buy an Excalibur scope mount. Not bad when I buy my next Vortex and Hawke XB-30.
Somebody incorporated an ADD into a scope mount? Wow, would like to see how that gem works. Did I miss a link or pics? Tia, OJ
I have one and it's a pig of a mount. As massive as a frogs butt in a Speedo in Florida!
Why am I not surprised? Maybe the guy in France will knock $20 off for plain scope mounts?
I am looking forward to the doubling up on Danny even more! :mrgreen:
yeah, be a big chunk out of my Bucket List. I'll bet ya $20 you can't keep a straight face and we don't make it 5 min w/ that sharp ol coot.

ps OJ found it and watched vid. Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will appeal to some.
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Noticed a few things in the eBay add I didn't notice before.
* appears the arrow retainer clip/spring has to be moved to the mount.
* looks to me like it moves the scope forward a bit. (good thing for me)
* the video clip shows the Exomax being fired with a string with no serving and sets well above the rail????????

link to eBay add - http://cgi.ebay.com/Stop-Dry-Fire-Excal ... 336540f7be
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

awshucks wrote:If you start with a basic Excalibur and want to add your own scope, then the cost is about $50.00 because you don't have to buy an Excalibur scope mount. Not bad when I buy my next Vortex and Hawke XB-30.
I'll bet ya $20 you can't keep a straight face and we don't make it 5 min w/ that sharp ol coot.[/quote]
LOL, old coot! He's my age Dan! LOL! I bet you $20 that you blow it by breaking down and laughing!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

* the video clip shows the Exomax being fired with a string with no serving and sets well above the rail????????
I caught the kite string too, Wabi, but not the Emax part of it, lol. Yikes!! That thing prolly eats servings if it gets used frequently, lol.

You got one ordered? :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike, it's not a string it's a rope. I quote them "This system keeps your rope when you forget to insert your arrow."
Pretty good I say, you can now use a cheap rope instead of a string! Saves you countless dollars and the rope is stylish on the bow!
blackjack

Re: Anti dry fire PHOTOS for Excalibur...

Post by blackjack »

g'day these are the photos as best as l could get but you cant see much but it seems easy enough to figger out looks like when you cock the bow that bar moves & falls into place & holds the string there but once you load an arrow its lifts the bar so you can fire there is also a movie there on the ebay add but l cant figger out how to put that on so people can view it but it looks simple enough if made from the right material it should be reliable enough. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Old Jim wrote:I checked this out carefully and have e-mail as confermation. They sell in US. I think their payment is only Paypal.
got an email saying the ebay issue fixed and it now allows payment and shipping to U.S. i just got my shipping confirmation. they do accept paypal.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

awshucks wrote:
WOW!!! I was supprized too. Go to item # 220742088638. You missed out.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Boo wrote:
awshucks wrote:
How is it massive. From all pics, it looks like they copied Excalibur scope mount to a tee. I don't consider Excaliburs mount to be massive.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

I heard that Excalibur would like to use this system on some of their crossbows,but didn't because of patent problems. First TenPoint and now the French.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Old Jim wrote:I heard that Excalibur would like to use this system on some of their crossbows,but didn't because of patent problems. First TenPoint and now the French.
1st off, I'd never make fun of anyone adding stuff to their xbows. I've bolted on every gimmick to come down the pike since 04. I'm going to save you some $$ and not list them, lol.

That being said, I seriously doubt Excal wants to add adds. If an aftermarket costs $75, I'd hazard a guess a built in one would raise the price of the bows by a bunch. Would also leave out the P&P folks.

As for 10 pt, their main line are compounds which, imho, a dry fire would likely be fatal to. Makes better business sense to add the add, let y'all pay for them, and save haggles over blown up bows.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sorry Jim, I was refering to he XB30 and it's mother of a mount. I was not talking about the Kaybek product.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Boo wrote:Sorry Jim, I was refering to he XB30 and it's mother of a mount. I was not talking about the Kaybek product.
Hi Boo. Sorry ,thought you ment the Frog gismo. Can you remove the massive base on the XB-30 and replace with scope rings?
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

The u bracket looks like a steel steel stamping and could be bent