limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

troy

limbs

Post by troy »

Does any one know can you get 225lb limbs for a vortex. And can you get a wood t.hole stock for the vortex? Thanks Troy
Boo

Re: limbs

Post by Boo »

The limbs are all the same, the stroke is what changes the power of the bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

All Excalibur crossbows have the same limbs it is the rail which differentiates them.
13.5 vixen 14.5 phoenix and Ibex 15.5 Vortex and Exocet 16.5 for the Equinox and Exomax I think these are right but you get the idea each is longer than the one before.
Tenpoint Matrix
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the limbs are also matched. if you look at the lower end of the limbs you will see written numbers.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

troy wrote:Does any one know can you get 225lb limbs for a vortex. And can you get a wood t.hole stock for the vortex? Thanks Troy
WOW what did you do? Alot of shops I go to sell limbs. Matter of getting the ones with the camo pattern you want. Asked excalipur about an Ibex stock when they first came out and you can buy them.
troy

Post by troy »

wheelie wrote:
troy wrote:Does any one know can you get 225lb limbs for a vortex. And can you get a wood t.hole stock for the vortex? Thanks Troy
WOW what did you do? Alot of shops I go to sell limbs. Matter of getting the ones with the camo pattern you want. Asked excalipur about an Ibex stock when they first came out and you can buy them.
The ibex is 14.5 inch and the vortex is 15.5 or are you saying the first ones were longer. Thanks for your input
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Vixen is the shortest and the Equinox is the longest
All have the same limbs just the 225 bow pulls the limbs back the farthest giving you the longer Power stroke
Tenpoint Matrix
M&M

Post by M&M »

so I am wondering I guess that a person could machine a spacer to put between the rail and riser and lengthen the length of pull and get a little more speed? Now I am not saying I am planing to do this but I wonder if anyone has experimented with this idea and what were the results?
M&M
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If Im not mistaken (I often am) :P , Enormous has made a shim to lengthen the rail. I remember reading about this somewhere......

If your not emotionally attatched to your bow it may be a better option to sell what you have and get what you want. By the time you go through all the modifications you might as well by a heavier draw bow. Used excaliburs sell for almost the same $ as new!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
M&M

Post by M&M »

no, I like my exocet that was just one of those thinkin and wonderin out loud moments
M&M
Normous

Post by Normous »

M&M wrote:so I am wondering I guess that a person could machine a spacer to put between the rail and riser and lengthen the length of pull and get a little more speed? Now I am not saying I am planing to do this but I wonder if anyone has experimented with this idea and what were the results?
Easy to do with a 1" extension block of aluminum between the mainframe and riser. Machine a aluminum piece to the same dimensions of the rail including the cutout for fletch clearence. Secure it from the underside with a bolt. Drill and tap the block you fabricated to accept that bolt.

Drill and tap a second hole in the riser to mount the riser which you are moving forward to the mainframe.
Took me about a half hour and had no issues after a couple thousand shots.
Cost---Zero
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
M&M

Post by M&M »

do you have any pics? did you try any different sizes of spacers? how much difference in velocity have you gained?
M&M
Normous

Post by Normous »

Sorry, no photos. I sold it to a guy at work who continues to shoot and kill deer with it. The block extension was 7/8" to be precise. The gain was about 20 fps. I also added my own angled shims between the riser and limbs to duplicate the newer angled risers. That 1992 Exocet shot about 316-317 fps with a 370 grain arrow, riser extension, shims, mag tip limbs and fff string.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
phill s

Post by phill s »

Take a look at mine . i turned a 90lb point blanc into a 150lb x bow doing just that. see Finished150lb pb target bow by phill s on this forum.