New Cocking Device by TenPoint

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

New Cocking Device by TenPoint

Post by Esox »

FYI- There's an interesting new cocker from TenPoint from the 2011 Shot Show that would work fine on oour Excals....

Here is a quick ACUrop demonstration. Theywill have a video with step-by-step demonstration available soon!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TenPoi...v=730550040092
wheelie

Re: New Cocking Device by TenPoint

Post by wheelie »

I am not a fan of new stuff but that I like. But.... how long before retractor quits working just like tape measures. Think I will stick with my ropes unless I hear the warrenty is for life. Then I would have to weight in the cost and decide. Good idea because I do find the rope to be a bit of a pain when you take it off of where to put it. Seen my friend put his around his neck and I tried that the other day and one of the handles looped over the string so I dropped the rope cocker on the ground for the rest of the shooting session. Though, nope not even going there! Back to sticking it in my pocket.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

wheelie wrote:I am not a fan of new stuff but that I like. But.... how long before retractor quits working just like tape measures. Think I will stick with my ropes unless I hear the warrenty is for life. Then I would have to weight in the cost and decide. Good idea because I do find the rope to be a bit of a pain when you take it off of where to put it. Seen my friend put his around his neck and I tried that the other day and one of the handles looped over the string so I dropped the rope cocker on the ground for the rest of the shooting session. Though, nope not even going there! Back to sticking it in my pocket.
Agree. Dirt builds up inside, rope links and is retracted, etc. How many times will you be taking it apart?
Boo

Post by Boo »

So who here is going to try it first? Is there a Mikie here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:So who here is going to try it first? Is there a Mikie here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who votes Boo raise your hand? Wheelie raises his hand! LOL
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

I'm sure it will work fine for the first few months. I'm worried what happens when it gets dirty and shows wear.
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

wheelie wrote:I am not a fan of new stuff but that I like. But.... how long before retractor quits working just like tape measures. Think I will stick with my ropes unless I hear the warrenty is for life. Then I would have to weight in the cost and decide. Good idea because I do find the rope to be a bit of a pain when you take it off of where to put it. Seen my friend put his around his neck and I tried that the other day and one of the handles looped over the string so I dropped the rope cocker on the ground for the rest of the shooting session. Though, nope not even going there! Back to sticking it in my pocket.
+1

I don't like the idea of working parts. Too complicated.

I put the rope cocker in one of the side pocket of my beloved hip quiver which I told you about in an earlier post. Easy to get, pocket is wide.

Around the neck is fine, just make sure you got the Excalibur-printed handle on the LEFT side of your neck, for a more efficient movement.

Won't play guinea pig on this one.
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Boo wrote:So who here is going to try it first? Is there a Mikie here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is a pretty slick looking cocker and I thought it might come in handy for field use; but when I contacted one of the Tenpoint reps and asked about using it to uncock the crossbow he said "The best and safest way to unload any crossbow is to shoot it. The ACUrope is not meant to unload a crossbow."

Due to the silly laws in one of the states I hunt being able to let down the crossbow at the end of the hunt is something that I must be able to do so I am going to stick with what I have.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

i agree with you on this 100% how can it be safer to shot a bow after a hunt when most times it is dark . using the rope to unload your bow is by faR THE SAFEST WAY THERE IS . i can just see this thig freezing up when you need it the most .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

dutchhunter wrote:i agree with you on this 100% how can it be safer to shot a bow after a hunt when most times it is dark . using the rope to unload your bow is by faR THE SAFEST WAY THERE IS . i can just see this thig freezing up when you need it the most .DUTCH
To me it is the only way to do it. When the hunt ends you just let down the xbow and walk out of the woods.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

I like the "kiss" method the best. :roll:
I am a hunter and proud of it.
secret

Post by secret »

Who buys that "INFERIOR" stuff? LOL
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
fredbeer

Post by fredbeer »

Retail on that bad boy is $60. Think I'll stick the Excal cocker, KISS.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Man oh Man!! If I had one I sure wouldn't be mentioning it here!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

I believe that fellow members are to remember " Buyer beware"