Range finder wanna bee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gundog

Range finder wanna bee

Post by gundog »

What range finder would you buy, and why. I wish to purchase one and need a little help picking one.
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
Joystyx

Re: Range finder wanna bee

Post by Joystyx »

Leupold RX-1000i TBR Compact Digital Laser Rangefinder with DNA.
Best product for money, the red display makes it very readable. http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-lu-rf-rx1000i.html
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
M&M

Post by M&M »

If you are looking for something to use just for bow hunting check out the dead on range finder at deadonrangfinder.com it is an inexpensive bracketing type of rangefinder that you attach to your bow and it works quite well I have one on my crossbow and also put one on my sons, when my brother saw it he got one to
M&M
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have a cheapie, Brunton, bought it at Canadian Tire for $99. Dropped it about 10 times and quit working so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. I hang on to it tight now. LOL Company was bought out buy some other company so how long they warrenty them for who knows. Now CT cheap line is Bussnell.
Not recommending them but I am happy with a cheapie. Works for me. Goes out 400 yards I believe. Farther than I shoot anyways. If I break it or lose it, for what I paid I ain't going to cry over it. Arch would be nice but not going to use it often because I hunt on the ground. Lots of choices out there. Good luck.

BTW- The new company was the one that honored the lifetime warrenty of the Brunton. If doing it again would I buy that one? answer is yes.
Would I buy another now now after four years if this one screwed up and they didn't replace it, or I lost it, answer would be no. I use it enough that it would warrent me going out and buying a good one. Would likely get one with arch. With arch they start about $300. for the cheapies.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I have a camo Leupold RX-II and love it. Its good out to 400 yards (farther than I can shoot) and offers angle compensation for shots out of a tree stand. It has been replaced by a newer model number. For that reason you can get a good deal on them now on eBay even for a new one. You can find new ones for $199 US shipping included and I've see used ones go for $150.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450. Not fancy or "top" of the line, but is very consistent, inexpensive, and at archery ranges is all you really need. It's all just personal preference of course, but it is a fine range finder IMO for the money. BTW, it is also very consistent at range finding out to 175 yards for sure. Never used it beyond that.
DEO VINDICE
secret

Post by secret »

Nikon Prostaff 550
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Cabelas VLR II by Bushnell .. got it Last year 199.00
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have the Bushnell 100 with Arc technology and love it.
Raymond