This could get ugly!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

This could get ugly!!!

Post by georgiaboy »

Went to the range today to finish sighting in my vortex,couldn't get them 10pt arrows to hit nothing so i got it dialed in with firebolts.
Well the wife was bored so she came along. After getting the vortex on i broke out the ibex and started shooting. After a few shots she asked if she could try...sure!!
After giving her the safety lecture she started shooting at 20yds, three shots...three bull's!! Beginner's luck!! 30yds...three bulls, 40yds...damn near bull!!
When she was done making me look bad she handed me the ibex back and said it was HER bow now!! Huh...wha...this could get ugly!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wheelie

Re: This could get ugly!!!

Post by wheelie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Could get ugly.....or could be good reason to by another Ibex!! :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Congrats on a new member to the fraternity . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

:shock: well actually not too shocked. Took my wife, nephew and niece out to do some targeting with the new remington semi-auto 22 i just bought. my nephew tim and i were having a blast well the ladies went looking for berries. they didn't find any, got bored and wanted to try out the gun. :roll: I mean we might of had an excuse if we were drinking, don't believe drinking and guns mix. anyway the ladies started shooting, we were shooting at bottle caps at about 40 yards, Tim and i were pretty good or so we thought, hitting 8 out of ten on average. then my niece, who had never shot a gun before wanted to shoot, 1st time 10 out of 10 :shock: the wife grabbed the gun 9 out of 10 :shock: this was begining to be a blow to our manhood :oops: we got serious :evil: moved the caps to 50 yards, now well seperate the men from the boys. Yep, you guessed it. :shock: they blew us away again. :( :shock: :? Moral of story, all us guys with guns or bows in house, treat wife and women with respect, even if we run, we still not might make it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

First-time shooters often have such luck' likely because they don't have some of the bad habits-like expecting a recoil-that some season shooters develop.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Now that it is hers you can replaced it with another one cause you don't want to use her bow just in case you DRYFIRE it. :wink:
Tenpoint Matrix
dwilley

Post by dwilley »

I got an Excalibur Ibex crossbow for my first wife.............
Best trade I ever made.

(sorry, couldn't resist :wink: David )
cevans

Post by cevans »

hummm....I don't have any problems with ten point pro elite arrows or the firebolts, they both fly the same with brass inserts in them or even alumium inserts, shooting any of the broadheads or diff. sizes of field points, they all shoot like bullets out of a rifle. And I went from the stock 4in vanes to the fusion zeon 2 in as well. I wonder what the problem can be?
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

cevans wrote:hummm....I don't have any problems with ten point pro elite arrows or the firebolts, they both fly the same with brass inserts in them or even alumium inserts, shooting any of the broadheads or diff. sizes of field points, they all shoot like bullets out of a rifle. And I went from the stock 4in vanes to the fusion zeon 2 in as well. I wonder what the problem can be?
I don't understand it neither...these arrows were given to me by a friend who sold his 10pt xbow. Almost all of them are new...all he did was refletch them with 2in blazer's.
At 20yds there was no problem,at 30yds they started drifting right,at 40 yds about 4in right! I had my wife stand off to the side and she said it looked to her like they were cork screwing at longer distance's! Got me!!! Switched to firebolts...dead on!!
I don't trust them now...I think I got about 16 or 18 of them, atleast a dozen are brand new!! If you want them send me a pm with a address and I will send them to you free of charge!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"