anyone been shed hunting yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

anyone been shed hunting yet?

Post by crazyfarmer »

ive been so busy hanging stands on new 4000 acre tract of land I havent had much time to look in some spots here. But I did get a chance to ride over about 500 acres of fields. Found 14 sheds, 3 matching sides. One HUGE 6pt shed which is a 4.5+ year old deer. Ill post some pics when I get a chance but that was a good morning of shed hunting. I still have alot of fields to look over but I wont get to them until on the tractor(usually when i find most of them). But 14 in a single morning is my best to date. Those were on the new trac of land im hunting.

bad news, Ive found 3 solid bucks dead so far. All are 5.5+ year olds and huge deer for my area. Ill post some pics of those shortly... anyhow, just saying hello everyone and I hope all has been well here
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: anyone been shed hunting yet?

Post by Doe Master »

Look forward to the pics CF . :)
Shame about the mature dead bucks . :?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds like successfull shed hunting to me and it sounds like the new property should be pretty productive!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

We havn't seen the ground yet, but maybe in a few days, It's raining now. We got a lot of snow this year, in Michigan.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
buzz

Post by buzz »

I was at the deer yard to the north of me last week and saw a nice buck with his rack 8 to 10 pointer. we went back yesterday and counted 81 deer and not one had a rack and there were some big deer. we are in south central ontario. good shed huntin all.