Tip for ADF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Jim

Tip for ADF

Post by Old Jim »

Have been installing the ADF on my Excaliburs, and testing them. They work perfectly, but one after a couple dry fires, I noticed that the serveing was cut. I have had this problem with a TenPoint,due to a bur or sharp edge on the prong. It is a good idea to polish the prong or check it out. Polished mine and works fine. When you polish, go far enough up the prong as when the dry fire occures the string slides up the prong. And yes: there is a lever to push so you can lock out the prong and don't have to shoot in the ground. Very well though out. If you like the ADF feature on the TenPoint then you will reaaly like this.
ComfyBear

Re: Tip for ADF

Post by ComfyBear »

Jim,
It appears that you're trying really hard to promote this ADF. Not that there's anything wrong with what you're doing. However, that makes one wonder if you're a silent partner in this venture, rather than an unbiased user. :wink:

Don't take it personally, as I own a Tenpoint and think the ADF on it is a great idea. Compound crossbows need protection.

However, I own three Excaliburs and wouldn't waste my time and money putting an ADF on any of them.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

ComfyBear wrote:Jim,
It appears that you're trying really hard to promote this ADF. Not that there's anything wrong with what you're doing. However, that makes one wonder if you're a silent partner in this venture, rather than an unbiased user. :wink:

Don't take it personally, as I own a Tenpoint and think the ADF on it is a great idea. Compound crossbows need protection.

However, I own three Excaliburs and wouldn't waste my time and money putting an ADF on any of them.
Great we have a free contry
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

ComfyBear wrote:Jim,

Wouldn't it be great if I got $25 for each ADF sold. Man, the way they are selling I would be rich in no time. Truth is that I really like a good product and enjoy the old fashioned hard heads getting their feathers ruffeled that they can't accept a improvement over their OLD STANDBY. No improvements have been made in how many years? Man: we should still be flying the old prop planes.
cevans

Post by cevans »

Sorry,,but I can't afford the aviation fuel for a old prop plane... :P
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Old Jim wrote:Wouldn't it be great if I got $25 for each ADF sold. Man, the way they are selling I would be rich in no time.
You only get $25 a piece, heck for all the hard selling you're doing, you're surely worth more. If I were you, I'd ask for a bigger cut. On the other hand, maybe not, otherwise the price would have to be increased even more than it has been. :) :wink:

I'm just joshing, I suppose the Anti Dryfire Device would be come in handy for anyone with A.D.D.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

No doubt you enjoy ruffling feathers old boy. That much is obvious in the short time you've been here.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

machining on my first one was rough as well as the powder coating or paint they use. also the first one was oiled like it was ready for the fry pan. i have plans on taking mine apart and smoothing it up and then teflon coating it. once i get the pieces apart i might take some measurements and find some metal bar stock and grind up my own parts. its a very basic design from what i see and now especially since the prices went through the roof to over 90$ something dollars. what i dont understand is how they can take what appears to be an excalibur scope base and put there device on it and sell it as there design.
Big John

Post by Big John »

oneshotscott: you are not the only one noticing it. :roll:

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
M&M

Post by M&M »

Here we go again! some of you guys are gonna beat this guy down again for having a different opinion and treat him like crap again. not everyone has the same point of view and just want to share their expierience with others some may like it some may not but thats no reason to be disrespectful of others I am tired of you guys treating people like this because you think you are "the crossbow authority" Grow up people
M&M
roly

Post by roly »

I agree, we don't need this stuff on the forum.

But I also believe, what go's around, comes around.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

M&M wrote:Here we go again! some of you guys are gonna beat this guy down again for having a different opinion and treat him like crap again. not everyone has the same point of view and just want to share their expierience with others some may like it some may not but thats no reason to be disrespectful of others I am tired of you guys treating people like this because you think you are "the crossbow authority" Grow up people

Are you kidding me? I wouldnt hold something like this against someone. I could care less if he is the maker of the ADF. Or how much he may like/dislike the thing.

It has everything to do with how he has treated others members here. My only regret is I didnt speak up sooner.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
M&M

Post by M&M »

My comments are across the board. If he treats people in this manner it's for him as well. People used to treat each other with respect on this forum and it is sad to see that is slipping away.
M&M
Boo

Post by Boo »

M&M wrote:Here we go again! some of you guys are gonna beat this guy down again for having a different opinion and treat him like crap again. not everyone has the same point of view and just want to share their expierience with others some may like it some may not but thats no reason to be disrespectful of others I am tired of you guys treating people like this because you think you are "the crossbow authority" Grow up people
In their defence Jim's brand of sarcasm is difficult to understand if he's being offensive or just him. I've read Old Jim's posts I still don't know how to take him.
Guys, why don't you cut the guy some slack?
Jim, why not try to make peace? Tell them you don't mean any harm.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Just to make myself clear, Old Jim, hasn't personally offended me. As such, I have no reason to be hard on him, and I don't believe I have. My comments to his posts, as I have stated before, are not meant to be taken personally. They are merely a honest response, from my perspective, to his posts regarding the ADF.

I might be wrong in reading more between the lines, than there actually exists in his posts. It's just that from my interpretation, it appears that he's trying awfully hard to promote the ADF, and persuade this forum that this device "is the greatest thing since sliced bread".

Perhaps, Old Jim might be sincere and truly believes what he says. However in most cases, anyone that adamant about a product usually has something to gain from it's sales, and will be looked upon with suspicion. Such being the case, most folks will then see that person through a jaundice eye, and take what they say with a grain of salt, thus ultimately hurting the sales of the product.

Once again, those are just my thoughts and observations.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings