Listowel volunteer Firefighters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

evaughan

Listowel volunteer Firefighters

Post by evaughan »

There is a unique bond between a rural community and its volunteer Fire dept. These men and women do it for free, for their community and 90% of calls they wind up working on people they know, their friends kids in accidents etc. What they do is the epitome of selflessness, of committment to community. Bless them, their families and all of Listowel, this is gonna be a tough one for all of them.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/art ... ers-deaths

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011 ... 76741.html
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
VixChix

Re: Listowel volunteer Firefighters

Post by VixChix »

I've been following this story on the news. It's heart-wrenching. What a sacrifice!

God bless all who give of themselves to save the property and lives of others.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

So very very sad!! :(
My thoughts and well wishes go out to all those that are touched by this tragedy.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

They do a job which for the most part is thankless . Those two gentlemen were heroes as far as I`m concerned .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Prayers for the fallen firemans, the families left behind, the fireman comrades, the community and for anyone that I have missed.

On Behalf of the Islands and District Volunteer Fire Department,
Volunteer Fireman Comrade Raymond J Challoner.

May You Two Dear Souls Rest In Peace.

I Salute You. :( :(
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

Raymond, I am so sorry for the loss of your brothers.

I will be there for the service this week to pay my respects. I had been going back and forth on whether or not to take my oldest daughter, she is only 5. I had been worried she may not fully grasp it or may grasp it and struggle to deal with it. After reading your words I think I will take her.

I know that even today as all firefighters grieve and struggle to deal with this, Volunteers like yourself across rural Canada are back on the job, selflessly putting themselves in harms way for the health and safety of their communities. There is no way to thank you enough, please be safe.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I think everyone that can attend should attend. Being a volunteer is a good thing for a lot of people. Whether it be a Volunteer Fire Fighter, or for the Heart and Stroke Foundation or an other charity organizations. A few hours a week or a few hours a month any time would be appreciated. So if your looking for something to do in your own area, there is always volunteer work that needs to be done.
Raymond
Max-4

Post by Max-4 »

Yep, I will be there tomorrow as well as most of my full-time department. Our prayers an thoughts go out to the family and friends of these two great men. I think the numbers at tomorrows funeral is going to be unreal. Never forgotten!
Max-4

Post by Max-4 »

Spent most of the day in Listowel today along with 3000 other firefighters from around the province and the country. It was an amazing tribute to these two men, all though I didn't know them my department is just 30 mins away from Listowel. It was great to see soo much support from the community and my brother and sister firefighters. Rest in peace Ken Rea and Raymond Walter, you will not be forgotten!!!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Seen the gathering on TV. Nice to see all the firefighters and other people. May you rest in peace my brothers. You will always be remembered.
Raymond