The Winter ( warning graphic )

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

The Winter ( warning graphic )

Post by Doe Master »

Me and dad went for a shed looking wander yesterday .
The deer must of been a little hungry . They had a few of these accessible red willows chewed to the ground almost . :shock:
We found a unlucky deer . He did not make it but the coyotes have ate well . We found one of his antlers . I have no pictures of him from the trail cameras . He would have been a good deer this year .
All totalled for our short walk we found three deer and one turkey .
I was going to show the picture of the dead deer but felt maybe some people would prefer not to see that with young eyes around .
Okay this is nature at some of her cruelest . But the coyotes have to survive as well .
Last edited by Doe Master on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
one shot scott

Re: The Winter

Post by one shot scott »

Im not opposed to such pictures, and as long as the title of the thread idicates what might be posted then there shouldnt be a problem. IMHO. I dont even mind my 8 year old man child seeing such pics. Knowledge of what happens out in the wild is a good thing.
This is afterall a hunting forum. :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I too went for a walk about today at my uncle's farm where I hunt.
Oodles of fresh deer tracks criss crossing the fields and found 1 antler in the field near my stands.
No turkey sign that I could see and no carcasses of any type either. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

I thought that this winter would leave dozens of dead dear in the woods. In an average winter a deer herd can expect 10% non-hunting mortality rate, and I thought that with all of our snow we would be over that. But, much to my surprise, all the deer I have seen so far have been very healthy looking. I have only found one dead deer in early Jan, and one dead turkey this weekend. I think they did much better than we were dreading.

Only 5 sheds so far, and the big ones are still alluding me...

Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
saxman

Re: The Winter ( warning graphic )

Post by saxman »

It is great that in nature nothing goes to waste.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

No trouble with Ben seeing those kinds of pictures - he's been watching us butcher deer since he was 2 and it's just matter-of-fact.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Mother Nature is a cruel mistress at times . I just did not want to insult or scare the young ones . This is not Walt Disney where all the animals dance around the woods together .
It is a very dramatic scene when you see full size . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

No problem with that picture. My son, who is turning 2 at the end of April, has witnessed life and death through my pets. I feed my lizard mice, and he has watched. He was brought into the garage while last years doe was hanging. Watches hunting videos and tv shows with me.

He also likes to look at fishing/hunting magazines while being potty trained. :D He knows:fish, big fish, deer, antlers, buck and doe. We went out a couple weeks ago for a drive just to see deer. He enjoyed it.

When introduced at a young age, kids will accept what they see and will learn that it is all a part of life.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

I did find another dead deer yesterday in the bush - it was a button buck. That is only #2. Usually I will find one almost every outing in the spring.

How about everyone else? How many you usually find?
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
Dash

Post by Dash »

Cheers for sharing the pic. That's nature.
You have to laugh when the anti hunting lobyists call us cruel. I think what we do is probably the quickest way one of these animals could be taken, compared to the pain of been eaten alive slowly by another predator, which is often the case.
Serswrisp

Filmy Online Filmyonlinee.pl

Post by Serswrisp »

Filmy Online - <a href="http://filmyonlinee.pl/" target="_blank">filmy Online</a> - filmy bez limitu<br />filmy - <a href="http://filmyonlinee.pl" target="_blank">filmy</a> - filmy Online <br />filmy bez limitu - <a href="http://filmyonlinee.pl" target="_blank">Filmy online bez limitu</a> - Filmy online bez limitu <a href="http://filmyonlinee.pl" target="_blank">Filmy online bez limitow</a> - Filmy online bez limitu
Filmy- Filmy Online filmy Filmy filmy online Filmy online bez limitu