Boo String Test!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Boo String Test!

Post by Normous »

Scott,
On a warmer day I expect to see over 340 fps with this string.
Yes I still have the shins on.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Here is the 100 mile mark, I haven't waxed after the last 25 shots but surely will before next round, seems to be holding it's own to me.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:Here is the 100 mile mark, I haven't waxed after the last 25 shots but surely will before next round, seems to be holding it's own to me.

Wes
Yep . . .you got a little separation there . . .probably not holding your mouth right when you pull the trigger. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

sumner4991 wrote:
Limbs and Sticks wrote:Here is the 100 mile mark, I haven't waxed after the last 25 shots but surely will before next round, seems to be holding it's own to me.

Wes
Yep . . .you got a little separation there . . .probably not holding your mouth right when you pull the trigger. :D

Your probably right :lol: we'll see how it does after the waxing?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
strum

Post by strum »

I have been running a little test along with you guys so i hope yall dont feel im hijacking your thread .
I just had my trigger done by D Miller and he reserved my string (angel majesty I think). trying to do just what yall are doing..Exomax ,waxing every 50 ..so far im at 100 shots ..315 average fps with stock firebolts 150gr tips..
Serving showing no wear or seperation.just small dents from the claws.
again i hope yall dont mind if i post my results with you from time to time..I know the Boo string is far better than mine but what i have learned is ..if the latches/claws are not perfect the serving wont last . i confidant that ill get 300 shots plus out of the string easy..think ill turn it 180 degrees at 150 shots..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
masboy

Post by masboy »

i don,t know much about strings all i,ve ever shot are the excels. i see the boo string has no serving on the ends of the string. is that the way most custom strings are ? do they ware on the ends much? would a custom string last a lot longer than an excel ? i read there faster but a few feet per second don,t bother me. my excels shoot super accurate. once settled in don,t change much for me on my vortex.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

masboy wrote:i don,t know much about strings all i,ve ever shot are the excels. i see the boo string has no serving on the ends of the string. is that the way most custom strings are ? do they ware on the ends much? would a custom string last a lot longer than an excel ? i read there faster but a few feet per second don,t bother me. my excels shoot super accurate. once settled in don,t change much for me on my vortex.
Strum . . .no problem, but, that wouldn't be "on topic". I did the testing on the set-up you are testing. Been a while and I didn't have my trigger done at the time I did the testing for Danny. It would be interesting to see how many shots you get. I found that waxing every 25 shots is best, even though Danny will tell you it doesn't matter . . .it matters on an Exomax. Seems like, from memory, I got around 287 +/- on the string you are shooting. However, Danny may have improved upon the serving since then. I'll check my records and let you know. I had one trigger claw that was rubbing the serving wrong then too.

masboy . . .biggest difference between the Excel FFF and the Boo Custom, for me, is the smoothness of the shot. Both are accurate, both are fast . . .however, the Boo string is smoother(less vibration after the shot). The serving on the Boo String will last longer. The Boo string will have a shorter break-in period and it will last longer. Not all custom strings are flemish(no serving on the ends). Matter of fact, the last testing I did for Wveryn Creations was a custom string that had endless loop ends and it's a very nice string, probably the most consistant(speed wise) string I've shoot to date. Custom string makers let you choose between different colors, lengths, thicknesses . . .things that make your string personal.

Boo not only makes strings, but, also helps others make better strings . . .including the two string makers I just mentioned. If you like the string you are shooting, then you need to thank Boo. That string is a TON better since Boo starting helping Danny out.

All these strings are darn good . . .Boo is always on a mission to make the best string in the world, then make it better. That is why we are currently testing the Astroflight string material for Boo. I'm hoping that something I tell him about the string helps him a little.

Go Boo. 8)

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks Scott, this is about Astroflight string material not about my stings or anyone else's.
Strum, I don't have a problem with you posting here at all. Just keep in mind that the purpose of the thread is to see if Astroflight is an improvement over 452X/Xcel string material when used in a crossbow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Strum . . .sending you a pm . . .

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I got another 25 shots on the test string. No new visible wear, nor any separation.

The chrony string . . .329, 328, 328, 328, 329, 330, 328, 329, 328, and 329. That's the most consistent string of shots I've ever recorded. I was using a 410.5gr. arrows. I knocked a couple of vanes off the 411.5gr arrows, so I switched to the 410.5 in order to have more arrows to shoot.

I also shot a 349.5 grain arrow . . .chrony 346 & 345. The vibrations really kick up some on the lite arrow. The arrow is visibly faster. I only have one 349.5 arrow, so, I just shot it in the mix of others and I only got in two shots with it.

I hope the serving lasts . . .I'm beginning to really enjoy this string.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

X2, might shoot later today, waxed it up looks good 8)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just hit 100 today with the nice weather we are having today, even the neighbour got in a bit of shooting while his kids looked on. Some very mild fraying like Scott had is my only new observation. The slight flatening of the serving had not changed in the last 50 shots. No serving separation appears at all at this point. So far I have not waxed the string or serving. The Astroflight appears as new at this point.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
strum

Post by strum »

i shot another 25 today too (factory string) wheeew im no enormous :P cocking those bigole bows 25 times will make you whine.
so im up to 125 shots mine looks good but i dont see it holding out as long as the Boo test strings.
Boo..just so i understand..the boostring uses halo right..and the 452x is whats on the factory/excell strings Miller makes?
and the test serving is to possibly improve on which? I think i got my wires crossed on who uses what.

As a customer in waiting lol i think its great to see you always trying to improve..it realy lets us all know that when we get a product from you it will be the best you can give. not just good enough..thats makes it worth the drive..not realy i aint driving to canada :P worth the money i meant
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:i shot another 25 today too (factory string) wheeew im no enormous :P cocking those bigole bows 25 times will make you whine.
so im up to 125 shots mine looks good but i dont see it holding out as long as the Boo test strings.
Boo..just so i understand..the boostring uses halo right..and the 452x is whats on the factory/excell strings Miller makes?
and the test serving is to possibly improve on which? I think i got my wires crossed on who uses what.

As a customer in waiting lol i think its great to see you always trying to improve..it realy lets us all know that when we get a product from you it will be the best you can give. not just good enough..thats makes it worth the drive..not realy i aint driving to canada :P worth the money i meant
Halo is the type of serving. Xcel or 452X (same formula only Brownell makes the prior and BCY makes the later) is what I use and the factory Dynaflight string is made from Dynaflight 97 which is made by BCY. The factory Excel string is made of B50 (Brownell) and is Dacron.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Norman, like Boo's "test string", the string that you got from me last Fall was made using Brownell Astroflight. I was just wondering how it's performing in comparison to Boo's.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.