Boo String Test!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Re: Boo String Test!

Post by sumner4991 »

bob1961 wrote:it seems that everyones serving is doing the same thing on just one side :?: ....i looked back at all the pictures and they look like the same pattern going on........bob

It's not unusual to have that happen. That's why I normally turn my string. Switch ends around 150 shots or so and put the left side to the right side. That extends the life of the serving a good bit. However, Don didn't want us to do that, so I just kept shooting till it failed.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Scott, either send the string back to me for reserving or do it yourself. If you do reserve the string please let us know what you find under the serving. Also what are you impressions compared to my usual string material?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Boo wrote:Scott, either send the string back to me for reserving or do it yourself. If you do reserve the string please let us know what you find under the serving. Also what are you impressions compared to my usual string material?
OK. I'll be sending it back . . .along with a full report. I figured you would want to see what's under there.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

That makes a total of 309 shots. I'm going to stop the test.
That's nothing to sneeze at outta an Emax, especially w/o flipping it over. Thanks all, good info and a lot of time put in.
"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bob1961 wrote:it seems that everyones serving is doing the same thing on just one side :?: ....i looked back at all the pictures and they look like the same pattern going on........bob

Check out this theory . . .I use the cocking rope. If I pull upward toward my body, then I put extra pressure on the rail on the cocking stroke. Now, if one arm is doing more offset pulling than the other, then I have more pressure on one side. Thus, could be the reason one side wears out quicker. Probably wears quicker on the dominant arm?

I'll have to take a closer look at this later, but, I know the rope cocker can be pulled back incorrectly. The trigger end of the cocking rope is anchored lower than the rail and that causes some additional pressure. If you try and keep all pressure off the rail, then it's possible to get the string over the retaining arm . . .that's an issue.

OK . . .just thinking out loud . . .I'm done.

Don, string is in the mail.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i was just talking bout the dominant arm thing to my g/f earlier today....with me having nerve damage on my right side, my left might be giving just a bit more power when i cock my xbow....but why all of a sudden with this new string and never an issue with my other strings....maybe from now on i'll make sure to pull up on the handles to lighten the pressure on the rail with the string....but still only 125 shots from a 200 lb bow before serving gave up.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

bob1961 wrote:i was just talking bout the dominant arm thing to my g/f earlier today....with me having nerve damage on my right side, my left might be giving just a bit more power when i cock my xbow....but why all of a sudden with this new string and never an issue with my other strings....maybe from now on i'll make sure to pull up on the handles to lighten the pressure on the rail with the string....but still only 125 shots from a 200 lb bow before serving gave up.........bob

Could have just been a fluke . . .I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens twice.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah that's true, but not wanting it to happen to my other boo string just freshly reserved by don :wink: ....i'm just wondering if the string i got from don had a flaw in the serving material he missed while serving it up....that's why it gave up so soon.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

don i just got the new reserved string today....do you want me to run the 300 shot test over with this new serving material you put on it now, thx :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bob1961 wrote:don i just got the new reserved string today....do you want me to run the 300 shot test over with this new serving material you put on it now, thx :wink: ..........bob

Nope, just use it. Keep a mental note on the number of shots (approx). Turn the string if you want just be consistent. The serving on the string now is 0.035" Angel Majesty. Have fun.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

thx don, i'll post up when ever i get some shots strung out on it and even some chrony numbers on the bigger serving material :wink: ....sorry once again bout the serving failure i had, i'll keep an eye open in the same area on any string i have on and hope it's nothing on my claw..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.