Browning by Gold Tip 5575 shafts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Aero320

Browning by Gold Tip 5575 shafts

Post by Aero320 »

I was at the storage building this morning and found a bunch of graphite arrow shafts.
They are labeled Browning by Gold Tip 5575.
Can these be used with the crossbow?
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
Limbs and Sticks

Re: Browning by Gold Tip 5575 shafts

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Aero320 wrote:I was at the storage building this morning and found a bunch of graphite arrow shafts.
They are labeled Browning by Gold Tip 5575.
Can these be used with the crossbow?

I think they may be to small in diameter, might not center on the serving?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Aero
I'm no authority, but here's some information I know about arrows that may help:

The popular Gold Tip Laser II shaft is basically their Ultralight 22 shaft cut down to 20 or 22"
here's the particulars: 7.3 grs. per inch
spine: .300"
O.D: .337"
I.D.: .300
The particulars for the current 5575 shaft are:
8.2-8.6grs. per inch
spine: .400"
O.D.: .295"-.298"
I.D.: .246"

From these particulars you can see that the Laser II/Ultralight 22 shaft compares to a 22 series aluminum shaft in diameter. Whereas the 5575 shaft compares to the diameter of a 19 series aluminum shaft. Is the .400 spine stiff enough to shoot from the Exomax, Phoenix, Vixen? Maybe, I don't know, but I bet there are some archers on this forum that do know.

I think you might have a problem with the string jumping over the smaller diameter of the 5575 shaft. The smallest diameter shaft I've shot was a 21 series aluminum. I did get my hands on some 2018 shafts, but I had to sell my archery kit before I had a chance to try them. Personally if it were me, I'd probably try to build them to the minimum weight requirement, or even heavier, and try them. One caveat though, when I had my crossbows the models I had were a Vixen and a Phoenix. I would only experiment with non-standard arrow sizes using my Vixen, and I was willing to risk blowing up my bow in the process. Having said that, I never had a problem with any arrow combination I tried. Not all of them did what I was expecting, but I never damaged my bow or me!

In other words, if you stray to far from what the factory requirements are, you must be willing to accept the consequences, whatever they may be!

Good luck
Joe
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

Thanks for the response. I had forgotten that I had those shafts. I have a dozen 2117 shafts on order along with GT Laser II brass inserts and flat nocks. Plan on using Blazers and have one of the E-Z Fletch Bolt fletchers on the way.

I bought some black plastic that is used for tool handles to coat the end of the stirrup.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Aero320 wrote:Thanks for the response. I had forgotten that I had those shafts. I have a dozen 2117 shafts on order along with GT Laser II brass inserts and flat nocks. Plan on using Blazers and have one of the E-Z Fletch Bolt fletchers on the way.

I bought some black plastic that is used for tool handles to coat the end of the stirrup.

You are on your way, have fun

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers