Scope set up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gundog

Scope set up

Post by gundog »

I will be the frist to admit my eye sight is not what it used to be. What is the proper way to focus the scope to your eye. I have been told a few different ways and could use some expert help on the topic. I seem to have the cross hairs waving and not staying still what am I doing to cause the cross hair delema?
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
bcmuledeer

Re: Scope set up

Post by bcmuledeer »

I'm no expert but what works for me is when I mount the scope I make sure that the full view of the scope is (right there) when I bring the weapon up. I don't have to move my head back or forwards, it's perfect right away. I'm not sure what you mean by crosshairs waving unless you mean there out of focus. All scopes are adjustable for people with different strengths of vision on the end that meets your eye. I also put a level on my scope for horizontal balance. I hope your crosshairs are not lose, there is not much you can do but change scope unless it is a high end scope witch might be worth while to send out to be repaired. Hope this helps but it would be nice to know what type of scope and weapon it's on. :D
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
gundog

Post by gundog »

Its a lumizone I do not think it is broken. Just having trouble getting it set up to my eye
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

You should be able to turn the(knob) closest to your eye to adjust for your sight . I don't own a lumizone but I'm pretty sure all scoped work this way. Maybe one of the guys who own a lumizone can help you out more. :D
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Lumi is easy to adjust. Sit in a dark/black room and turn the Lumi on low. Adjust the rear focus ring till the red reticle is perfectly clear and crisp to your eye. During daylight shooting the reticle will best best focused for your eye.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It may be that you don't have a proper cheek to stock weld that is causing your problem. Adding a cheek piece to the bow made a big difference in my getting a good steady sight picture. The ocular adjustment in back only changes the focal distance to match your sight to make the reticule appear clearer. Excal markets aftermarket cheekpieces. http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... w&ved=0CFw
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
cmawdsley

Post by cmawdsley »

X2 on the cheek piece recommendation. I found that with the cheek piece on, I get aligned to the scope much more quickly and consistently.
Chris Mawdsley,
2011 Exocet 200
Lumizone scope
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Is their anywhere in Ontario that a ceek piece can be ordered over the net? I see lot's of selection in the states but want to avoid all the duty & taxes.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Is their anywhere in Ontario that a ceek piece can be ordered over the net? I see lot's of selection in the states but want to avoid all the duty & taxes.
Not sure about mail order but I know Carl's Archery in Windsor has them. I got mine there a while back.
Bass Pro (Vaughn) may have them??
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
cmawdsley

Post by cmawdsley »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Is their anywhere in Ontario that a ceek piece can be ordered over the net? I see lot's of selection in the states but want to avoid all the duty & taxes.
The Bow Shop in Waterloo has 'em, and they will ship. Plus they have a toll-free number.

Their SKU for the cheekpiece is 65EXC8540. Last time I was there they had them in both camo options.
Phone: 866.257.7271
EMAIL: [email protected]
Web URL: http://bow-shop.com

Disclaimer: I have no interest in the Bow Shop or any of its partners. I'm just a satisfied customer. :)
Chris Mawdsley,
2011 Exocet 200
Lumizone scope