Maul-marts BM180 Bag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Maul-marts BM180 Bag

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i have jus a little over 600 shots into this bag. Its letting my arrows pass-through in diff sections. Lost one arrow another hit a tree and bent couple more ripped vanes off & were 2 or 3' behind bag. So i don't think it will make the 1000's of shots as printed on the bag! Fer the money i guess if'en you don't shoot alot its ok. So its save up fer another brand bag as i knowed my Yellow Jacket won't last if i shoot only it 1500 times by deer season.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob1961

Re: Maul-marts BM180 Bag

Post by bob1961 »

i have the same bag and have over 500/600 shots in it and no pass throughs....every 20 shots or so i put it on the ground with the back of the target with the hump in it from shooting....i stomp on it to flatten it out and move the guts around inside it so it's like new again....so far it has been working great and i think i'll get 1,000 shot out of it....but i won't buy another one though, but i will go back to there red/white/blue styro block target at 17.00 bucks so i can use them for broad head shooting....there cheap enough to me to use, i can buy two for the price of a 180 bag target.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I have found that the home made bag target is lasting very well but I haven't stuffed it so it is hard I have left some give in the material and it acts like a shock absorber.
After hundreds of shots it is still stopping the arrows very well.
I have yet to find a commercial target that I am willing to spend money on.
But I am cheap.
Tenpoint Matrix
saxman

Post by saxman »

I finally wore mine out.
Can't recall how many shots but it was in the 600-700 range
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Had 500-600 on mine before it found the trash, had more in duct tape that the bag was worth. :lol:
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Just before you're ready throw it out, take a can of two of expanding foam insulation and using the long novel attachment, spray foam into the bag, let dry. Will get you through another season at least. Works for me. Can do some thing with deteriorating 3 D foam targets. Wrap Kling Wrap around target in affected area, inject insulation through small hole in wrap.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!