A deal for somebody!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

A deal for somebody!

Post by DaGriz »

Been waiting for some Damascus billets and found a small piece of D-2 Stainless on my bench that I had no idea what to do with. Finally had an idea popped into my feeble brain. Once I got started I dug around and found some small dyed maple burl scale pieces big enough for the handle scales and the result is the knife in the attached pictures.

So know that I completed it I was faced with what to do with it. I thought about the small interest in the knife and hatchet set pictures I posted on here so figured I would do something on here with this knife.

If you're interested in owning this knife please post in this thread, a short paragraph about why you feel I should gift this knife to you. No BS just the truth as to why you feel you are most deserving! I will ask a couple of members here to help me decide and between us we'll pick the person who will receive the knife. I will contact them for their address and ship it to them along with a sheath, yet to be made.

The knife is not the prettiest I've made but it is stout , sharp and will make someone a helluva skinning knife. It has a scratch in the steel near the handles on both sides where my sander got away from me. Doesn't hurt the functionality nor the integerity of the knife, but they are noticeable.

Any and all posting must be posted no later than midnight of APril 27, 2011

You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
bdog

Re: A deal for somebody!

Post by bdog »

Here's my story why I need a new knife,coming out from my stand last Dec. I took a different route than the one I came in on because I heard a commotion on the other side of the woods,I find a guy trying to drag a deer buy him self and I asked why he didn't gut it,he tells me he forgot his knife,I lend him mine and give him a hand gutting,dragging,and loading in his truck,we say are good byes and wave and he drove away with my knife,never to been seen from again
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

The knife I currently use was given to me by my wife as a father's day present one month before my son was born. We were newly weds, broke as could be and where she got the money I don't know.
I've lost and found this knife three different times over the years. My son will graduate college may 7, his girlfriend of three years in june, rumor is of an engagement!!!
I'm officially retiring this knife this year (uncle henry) because it will be my sons first father's day present from his dad when that time comes.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I do not deserve this knife.

I don't actually kill any of my own deer.
(Not since moving to Ontario, anyway.)

The only reason I even carry a knife is to loan it to people who forgot their knives on hand or who forgot to sharpen their knife -although I doubt there is anyone on this forum who would forget to sharpen their knife after processing a deer... :lol:

I love this knife though. As soon as I opened this thread I fell in love. It looks like it would be a joy to work with and would fit nicely for a woman's hand.

Anyone in the KW area could call me up and I'd come help skin your deer! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Another shining example of the resourcefulness of the members of this forum. Absolutely wonderful!

Joe
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I don`t require a knife but felt I should say it is a masterpiece . :)
As for Vix`s comment . Sometimes people forget to resharpen their knives after doing some deer . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
strum

Post by strum »

VixChix wrote:I do not deserve this knife.

I don't actually kill any of my own deer.
(Not since moving to Ontario, anyway.)

The only reason I even carry a knife is to loan it to people who forgot their knives on hand or who forgot to sharpen their knife -although I doubt there is anyone on this forum who would forget to sharpen their knife after processing a deer... :lol:

I love this knife though. As soon as I opened this thread I fell in love. It looks like it would be a joy to work with and would fit nicely for a woman's hand.

Anyone in the KW area could call me up and I'd come help skin your deer! :D
:D
I cant top that ..give it to her
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Nice DaGriz, Just a comment, I have no good knife stories. Don't even sharpen my own, my Dad does it for me. LOL
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

very nice . i do not need a knive myself but very good work

DUTCH
Last edited by dutchhunter on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addicted to canadian beaver
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I don't have any great stories, just hope to eventually make some in the coming years with the 4 kids as they grow up. A knife of this quality would make a good day even better and would look awesome displayed next to pictures of the animals it was used on in the off season. :D

I think threads like this are proof of the high quality that's still here on Excalibur! Thanks for posting this!!!
Last edited by one shot scott on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

I don't deserve or need a knife at this time (it looks real nice) but had to post that this thread was needed at this moment in time! You made me realize why I joined this forum!
Thanks Dagriz!
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Geez DaGriz . . .I don't even need a knife, but, I'd kiss you smack dab on the lips for that knife.

You all stop laughing, I'm serious!!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

sumner4991 wrote:Geez DaGriz . . .I don't even need a knife, but, I'd kiss you smack dab on the lips for that knife.

You all stop laughing, I'm serious!!
Heck sumner!! I'd buy the knife and give it to you just to see that!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Great thread and knife!! :D
The best things in life are not things!!
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

I don't need that knife, but I want you to know what I think.
This is a very generous offer.
It's because of good hearted people like you I've joined this forum.
Your generosity is only matched by your craftsman's skills : this is a beautiful piece of a skinning knife.
Congratulations !
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity