Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

laxman44

Scopes

Post by laxman44 »

Hey Everyone, I've been following this forum for a while now and have gotten some great tips. I am fairly new to crossbow hunting and I thoroughly enjoy it. I am looking at purchasing a scope for my phoenix. I went to the toronto sportsman show and got some great information from several differnet suppliers. I'm just wondering what your opinons are between a Vortex Crossfire and one of the Excalibur brands. I would probably lean towards the Lumiscope if I get an Excalibur brand. Just hoping to get some more insight from more experienced crossbow hunters. Thanks
georgiaboy

Re: Scopes

Post by georgiaboy »

The only scope I have any experiance with is the varizone. Great scope for the money...very easy to match 30-50yd chevrons to your arrow weight. I do like the more light gathering capabilities and lighted ret. of the lumizone, although I had no problem with the varizone at dusk.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Welcome,

Lumi scope adds weight to the bow . Vari is alot lighter and gathers plenty of lite for early and late hunts
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum!
I have only ever used the Excal scopes so I can't really help you out with other options.
Sit tight and others here will help you out for sure.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads