Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
lvt01

Re: Crazy weather

Post by lvt01 »

I hear ya! Between the rain, ticks and this darn cold I picked up....I'm going to say that the turkeys around me are save for another year!!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I knowed about the rain & what few turkeys i see around here i don't bother going hunting fer them. If'en one ever comes by me in range during deer season i am allowed 3. I ain't saw nary a one during deer season fer 2 yrs!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

vixenmaster wrote:I knowed about the rain & what few turkeys i see around here i don't bother going hunting fer them. If'en one ever comes by me in range during deer season i am allowed 3. I ain't saw nary a one during deer season fer 2 yrs!
Makes me glad I live in Ontario. We have killer taxes but lot's of Turkeys in the woods...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Yall been gettin hammered in the northern part of Ga., here in the southern part we ain't had a good rain in a month!!!
If it's any consolation my friend the birds have shut down here!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
masboy

Post by masboy »

Not so good here been rain and storms an wind real wet spring . No sign of any turkeys where I been hunting .I gave up on turkeys . Doing some fishing between storms . can,t wait till we get some better weather.can,t take too many more days inside . I see down south your getting hammered i wish you all the best . And stay safe good luck!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I knowed about the rain & what few turkeys i see around here i don't bother going hunting fer them. If'en one ever comes by me in range during deer season i am allowed 3. I ain't saw nary a one during deer season fer 2 yrs!
Makes me glad I live in Ontario. We have killer taxes but lot's of Turkeys in the woods...

:D still yet to see them were I am. Still have lots of taxes though :|
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

strum . . .been in the duck and cover mode all evening . . .the biggest super cells passed just 30 miles North of my house . . .headed directly to you.

Hope all is well.

I'll be watching throughout the night while everyone else tries to sleep.

Already got reports of houses gone . . .people missing and people dead.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

I feel for you guys, wish you all the best.

Here I was going to complain that it tried to snow here today. I guess I shouldn't complain. :shock:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Cool weather will be right behind it if you get by one more night it is cold in eastern Kansas today.
strum

Post by strum »

sumner4991 wrote:strum . . .been in the duck and cover mode all evening . . .the biggest super cells passed just 30 miles North of my house . . .headed directly to you.

Hope all is well.

I'll be watching throughout the night while everyone else tries to sleep.

Already got reports of houses gone . . .people missing and people dead.
yep it got pretty rough here..its 2:30 am now ..(couldnt sleep) all is calm ..not sure what ill see when it gets daylight..
we sure need to lift those folks in alabama up in prayer..i think they said 58 dead,,The Pres. called a state of emergency..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Strum . . .over 100 reported dead . . .we got very lucky. Ringgold, GA is closed down. Extreme storms. There are still several people missing.

Not much damage here at my house, but, just 20-30 miles North it's a disaster area.

There was softball sized hail in the one that went by your place, but, I think the hail had gotten smaller by time it got to you. Lightning was striking 2-3 times every second and kept that up until it passed . . .never seen anything like it.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Thinking of our friends in the US. Praying for relief.

We've had a couple of wild days here but nothing like you folks are getting down there. My heart goes out to you!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Death toll is over 200 now. It's a very sad situation in areas down here. Several schools have closed. Towns shut down. Thousands without power. Unreal.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Sort of lucky here, sort of not. Waited it out last night until about 1 AM. Finally got a look see this morning. Lost thirty souls in our state. My car looks like a golf ball, I'm sure it's totaled. I suspect I have some roof damage, I'll have to inspect it further. I've got a few years on me, but I've never been through anything like this. It started here around 3PM yesterday, and then it was just one cell after another, until about 11pm, when it finally calmed down. I thought I was gonna luck out, but then about 8pm one cell hit our neighborhood with a direct hit, and the golf ball size hail lasted for about 4 minutes. Garden's gone, trees are shredded, you would think it was late fall with all the leaves on the ground. Luckily my wife has been in DC all week, so she missed it, this also allowed me to put my truck in the garage, so it escaped unscathed.

To the good, we didn't get any tornadoes touch down in our neighborhood, although they were reported all around us. I'd been through one about 35 years ago, and all night I kept thinking, here we go again. But it's just hail damage in my neighborhood. Some high water, but it's already going down. It was the first time I can think of, that the TV last night had no commercial programming, just constant tornado warnings and weather reports, all night, and I'm old enough to remember when we didn't have a tv. I had to go into work today, but I've got a lot of cleaning up to do when I get home. Still in all, I guess I'm luckier than many in the Volunteer State this morning. There's gonna be a lot of car dealers having "Hail Damage Sales" around here.

Joe