Video camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Video camera

Post by Farmer »

Looking to set up for this fall hunt by adding a video camera to my hat or onto the scope of my Exocet. Was just at a local electronics outlet and asked if they had any type of helmet cam . They showed me 2 models from a company called go pro. Checked out some videos shot with these cameras and it looks awesome. Has anyone here used this brand ??

Here is a link tothere website

http://gopro.com/products/
georgiaboy

Re: Video camera

Post by georgiaboy »

I'm not familiar with the brand you mentioned...but I would caution you about the video cam you can mount on your bow or hat from Wild Game Innovations.
Buddy of mine bought one of their range finder's...pieace of junk!!!
Would not work right out of the box, returned it and the new one was giving crazy yardage reading's. Called to complain and got the ole run around!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Go for the GoPro... I have one, excellent for skiing and ANY sports. It would be easily mounted on the bottom of a crossbow, and has an "inverted" mode so you can hang upside down, and record upside down. The result - a right side up video.

Steve
Steve B
secret

Post by secret »

Check these out

Code: Select all

http://adrenalinecamera.com/specials.php?spl=1&page=9
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Hunter specialities markets sunglasses with a video camera built in. I have a pair from another company called "actioncam hd" they take a descent video. The HS ones are around $160, the ones I have were $100. Something to check out.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
chaser

Post by chaser »

I work in broadcast television and we've used those go-pros many times. We started using them in situations where we thought the camera might not survive the shot and they weren't expensive. Then we found that the pictures were really good and the protective housing worked really well and they were water-proof. They also can handle some pretty severe shock and still provide a stable image. My friend mounted one on a high caliber automatic rifle ( he's allowed) and it was solid. That's all I know about them They would be best used as a point of view fixed lens for your hunt, i.e. you won't be able to zoom in on an animal before a shot. You might try pricing them at bike shops as the mountain bike crowd knows all about them, might be a better price ? Good luck, post your videos when you're done ! :D

Chaser
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Try the Moultree Reaction cam.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts