Best Turkey Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cooper

Best Turkey Broadhead

Post by cooper »

First post hear, what do you guys use for Turkey Broadheads.
shaftthrower

Re: Best Turkey Broadhead

Post by shaftthrower »

Welcome!! Same as for deer.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Welcome I use WASP broadheads.
The best things in life are not things!!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
Not to sound like a broken record...but the best b-head is the one you shoot accurately out of your bow!!
For me it's the 125gr spitfire.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
cooper

Post by cooper »

Thanks for the replies, I am using muzzy now but thought I heard of something called the guillotine for turkey.
FISH-ON

Post by FISH-ON »

Since were on the topic, for the Equinox they recommend 150gr head....for the life of me I can't seem to find any broadheads in 150 geared for turkey use as all are either 100 or 125...how much will it affect the trajectory? I was told the gullotine is deadly as well but you need a longer arrow
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

There is a broadhead called the Turkey Guillotine that is designed for taking head/neck shots. Magnus also makes a turkey head called the Bullhead. Not sure about the Bullhead but the Guillotine has had mixed reviews regarding accuracy and durability. It also requires a longer arrow shaft to clear the crossbow's stirrup or modification to the stirrup in order to shoot it from a crossbow.

Likes others have said if you already have a b-head that you use and like it will do the job just fine. I have yet to kill a turkey with my Vortex but plan to hunt them with Rage 2 b-heads which is what I use for deer also. Good luck.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
littlekitch

Post by littlekitch »

i use spitfire 100 grain mechanicals on turkey.i practice with the spitfire 100 grain practice heads at 5,10,15,20 and 25 yards to be confident in my ability for a good kill.i use same broadheads for deer.i also use a single adjustable shooting stick for turkeys.the bow rests on it at shooting height and i just have to pin my cheek in shooting position.lots less movement.