Rough opening week

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bowster

Rough opening week

Post by Bowster »

Have put in 23 hours this week and haven't seen or heard a turkey.....

The last 2 years I have taken a tom on opening day with a bow, from the same blind location. Maybe I used up all that lady luck has to offer me.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
N8tr Boy

Re: Rough opening week

Post by N8tr Boy »

Monday was on private land with landowners son. Out early crack of dawn (5:10) we sat until 2 minutes to 7 when BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! they were about 100 yards from us but in a neighboring bush that has NO HUNTING on it. Did we jump. Talked to a guy today who I know gets wood from the bush but he said he doesn't hunt turkeys. Heard there is a lot of trespassing in the Wellesley Township area. Doesn't make for a fun season :(
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Going out again tomorrow . I have got nothing so far but Dad and my brother got one eack on opening day . Scott`s at 6:15 and dads at 7 ish . I was there for Dads , I could have shot but held off for him . THAT HAS TO BE THE BEST BIGSCREEN HUNTING SHOW I`VE EVER SEEN . :shock:
I had a gobbler yesterday tainting me ,but he just would not close the distance . They are call shy there . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
coors

Post by coors »

Same thing happened to me this morning, been hunting a bush for five years with permission and there was someone in my exact spot .The farmer does not let anyone else hunt for turkey there except me, I live west of London ,some people.
DanO

Post by DanO »

It was tough week weather wise so that didn't help. I'm seeing guys all over the place. Wonder if they'll ever cap that money-making turkey course??? :lol:

The tom I'm hunting has moved right up next to a house. His roost tree is less than 100 yards and he does all of his strutting right under it. Can't wait till the hens start to nest then he'll have to move around a little. He's an older bird, never hunted except for me but totally shy.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.