is it the wrong E-Z fletch jig ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

denisdendenis

is it the wrong E-Z fletch jig ???

Post by denisdendenis »

i went to pick up my jig that i order from my local sport store (i order same jig, has galgo. e-z fletch aluminum right 3 degree helix ) to my suprise i received the e-z fletch pro straight 1 degree for aluminium .the guy said that is rep. recommende that one for the crossbow.not sure for that ? should i keep it or return it ???
wanted to replace my damage vanes on my fire bolt arrows.and do my own arrows like galgo. is there a big difference beteewn ???
ps did read a lot of post on it but still do not get the difference ..
Regard NEWBIE Denis
Thanks you...
Last edited by denisdendenis on Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
roly

Re: is it the wrong E-Z fletch jig ???

Post by roly »

I don't think they are the same at all

Besides that , if thats not what you ordered why should you have to settle for it

I'd send it back
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

roly wrote:I don't think they are the same at all

Besides that , if thats not what you ordered why should you have to settle for it

I'd send it back
Exactly.

I use the 4 degree right offset. Many here use the helical.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

The more you can spin that arrow in flight the greater the potential accuracy at longer distances (as the arrow slows down), especially with broadheads. Get the one you ordered and don't allow the retailer to get you to suffer for his mistake. I doubt any one knowledgeable recommended a one degree offset.
According to Arizona's website the Bolt is "For crossbow bolts and large diameter shafts. Radical helical drastically increases stabilization for optimal, group tightening accuracy. Faster broadband stabilization. Shoot tighter groups. Fastest, easiest, most accurate fletching tool." Go figure!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

roly, Horizontal Hunter and Boo all hit the nail on the head.
Take it back and get the one you ordered in the first place!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

If hunting conditions are perfect and all the prep, materials, parts in the building of the arrow is perfect, then 1 degree will be OK. Otherwise, send it back . . .which is what I would do too.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

SPIN BABY SPIN!!!!!!!! Have fixed broadheads and strait fletching was hitting 6 inch off. Took same broadhead, same arrow with 3 degrees helix and was hitting within one inch compared to my field points. No crono so don't know or even care how much slower it is with spin.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i must be the only one shooting straight fletching with great results, and i don't understand why :shock: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The ez fletch for aluminum arrows(ex:compound bow) is the same tool as doing crossbow "bolts". I think that's what your supplier was trying to say, but get it back to him if your not happy with the helical!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Bolt has much more helical to it than the regular helical EZ Fletch for aluminums.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hi Denis, I have the helical "EZ - BOLT" and it works well. Sounds like the man in the store is telling you "Porky Pies" so he doesn't have to order the correct one. If I were you, I'd ask him to order the helical like you asked for the first time. If you don't say anything he'll just do whats convenient for him.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Defnitely the more spin the more stable. Gyroscopic inertia. They also have a "bolt" version which should work well...

F
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The smaller vanes do not catch as much wind as the larger vanes. So you will certainly need a higher degree of offset if using the 2" Blazers or any other small/short vane.

The 1 degree offset will work, but, so would having no fletching on the arrows at all in perfect conditions. In hunting conditions . . .windy weather . . .the spin will help the arrow keep it's course. The higher degree offset also helps correct minor flaws in your arrows or in your bow.

Too much offset and the arrows slow down considerably down range. The other more important issue, however, is the vanes will start making noise. I was at the range and the guy beside of me was shooting a vane with a heavy offset . . .sure it was accurate, but, you could hear it from the time it left the bow until it hit the target.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

fletching look like a art from !!! it make more sense to have more degree to have the arrow spin ...but not to much... 2 inc. vane or 3 or 4 (can not wait to start the fun , got the bug by reading some post on fletching ) will have a talk with the.. sale person for sure this weekend...got 2 more questions ...
why do they sale the ez fletch sraight 1 degree then ???
does some one now ..the degree for the excalibur fire bolt arrows ??? if i want to repair some fletching
anny good book on fletching out theire ???
ok i now that make 3 questions
thank you very much!!! for all the good advice
regars
Denis
Last edited by denisdendenis on Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

denisdendenis wrote:fletching look like a art from !!! it make more sense to have more degree to have the arrow spin ...but not to much... 2 inc. vane or 3 or 4 (can not wait to start the fun , got the bug by reading some post on fletching ) will have a talk with the.. sale person for sure this weekend...got 2 more questions ...
why do they sale the ez fletch sraight 1 degree then ???
does some one now ..the degree for the excalibur fire bolt arrows ??? if i want to repair some fletching
anny good book on fletching out theire ???
ok i now that make 3 quetions
thank you very much!!! for all the good advice
regars
Denis
The 1 degree is mainly used in field pt practice competion leagues. Field pts don't take much to keep them on their appointed target. Yer other 2 ?'s someone who knowed will answer fer you
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315