I can hear!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: I can hear!

Post by j.krug »

Deaf jeff wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:Hi all,
After being almost totally deaf for twelve years, I finally got fitted with special hearing aids today. I never realized
how much I was missing. The first time I heard birds singing I broke down with several tears flowing. I'd forgotten
how beautiful the world sounds. My wifes voice sounds so sweet. I could even hear my own footsteps. The world
without sound is a boring place. I can't wait to hit the woods tomorrow, find a soft moss bed , and lay down and just listen.
Now my Equinox will probably scare the crap outa me. I never realized how much these do dads cost, 8 grand and they come with
a remote control. Now I can really walk and stalk and know whether I'm being noisy or not. I'm so happy that I had to share.
Now I'm gonna run around the house and outside to track down all the new sounds.
Thanks for listening.No pun intended. ( well, maybe a little.)
Happy hearing,
Hank
great news!

i can relate as i have been totally deaf since june of 1990.i now have a cochlear implant, it does not work as well with my medical issues as with most recipients but at least i can "hear" sounds which allows me to live independently. i cannot understand speech so i still have to rely on lip reading and good ole paper and pen. on june 7 i am being fitted with a new processor in hopes that i will be able to hear more.
goodluck with your new ears :D and enjoy what you have been missing!

Good luck to you Jeff. I wish you all the best!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Deaf jeff wrote:
i can relate as i have been totally deaf since june of 1990.i now have a cochlear implant, it does not work as well with my medical issues as with most recipients but at least i can "hear" sounds which allows me to live independently. i cannot understand speech so i still have to rely on lip reading and good ole paper and pen. on june 7 i am being fitted with a new processor in hopes that i will be able to hear more.
goodluck with your new ears :D and enjoy what you have been missing!

I hope it works for ya jeff!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

So happy for you
I was a jet engine mechanic in the USAF during the Viet Nam era. I have at least 4 high pitch tones I can't hear. As soon as we get settled in the new(to us) house in Michigan I am going to the VA and get me a set. I am tired of having to say, "Beg your pardon, I'm sorry, What, Huh, ect ect". If they won't cough them up I guess I will have to save my money for some.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
roly

Post by roly »

Congratulations Hank on the new aids

Thats a lot of money, but in this case worth every penny. :D
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

That is great ,that now you can hear again . :)
We take for granted our hearing . I see people shooting without protection and it is stupid . :?
When I compete in some classes I wear double protection . (plugs with headphones )
Dad said the one time his biggest complaint turkey hunting is he can hear the crows but not the songbirds . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
strum

Post by strum »

Wow ..that has to be the greatest thing ..being able to hear again..Hank im realy happy for ya..
even though im still blessed with pretty good hearing .i do have a high frequence lose due to saws and guns..
I certainly would have taken better care of my ears had i had any since,, :oops:
funny how the years teach us much better than our elders.. :? I must have been told a 1000 times to take care of my hearing,my back ,,my teeth :P :P belive me i listen to my elders much more now..
oh i lied about the teeth part ..im from Alabama we dont use teeth there :roll:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

i am glad !!! for you ... enjoy it !!! a good day in the wood is nice and a rainy day in the wood to, it so relaxing have fun!
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

I hope it works for ya jeff![/quote]

thanks for the well wishes....
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Dash

Post by Dash »

Thats Great Hank. You must feel alive again.
The funny part is that all this time you probably thought you had the quietest equinox out there ! wondering why all these fools are bothering with STS, cats whiskers, etc :lol: :lol: :lol:
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

hankenhunter wrote:Hi all,
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support, Esp. from the hearing impaired members. I pray all you guys get your hearing fixed
soon. I am lucky in that my aids were paid for by WBC because the hearing protection I wore at work at the mine and logging
were woefully inefficient. That and fire arms and many stump lifting explosions did the ears in.
Wow, what a day today, had to take them out for a while to give my brain a rest. But, lots of fun and lots to look forward to.
Respectfully yours,
Hank
Hank, congratulations to you. May you enjoy hearing for the rest of your life!

Could you post what hearing aids you purchased? That might help some of us. Perhaps you could also tell why this particular aid was recommended to you and/or possible other aids perhaps not quite so pricey?
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hey hank,
about 6 months ago the old man got the new flash bluetooth hearing aid. He couldn't hear clearly on the phone properly before that. Only had them a week and the stupid dogs got hold of them and played tuggle war. At nearly 10,000 that mutt is lucky he's still alive !
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Hank,
What a wonderful gift. Congrats...
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Thanks for the information Hank. I no doubt will be doing some checking on the aids very soon.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Hank, it's great they are working so well for you! :D now you should be able to hear the Canucks score from your place, they play just over the hill don't they? :lol: :lol:
Really happy for you my friend and you have convinced me to check into a set which will make my wife very happy.
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!