3 d shooting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

3 d shooting

Post by dw »

hi all, have not been on in a while. still read a lot though. what's your best pick for shooting 3d courses. i am getting ready to join one and am leaning towards the exocet 200. any commants?
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
TPM

Re: 3 d shooting

Post by TPM »

3D is really a game of distance judging. I don't care how steady a shot you are, if you don't get your distances correct you won't score well. A faster, flatter shooting bow will certainly compensate for some error in judgement but unfortunately, you have to remember you'll be cocking and shooting your bow at 40 times on a course. This can get very tiring with heavier poundage bows and adversely affect your shooting. If you're good at judging distance a Vixen would be ideal. I shoot a Phoenix and I don't think at my age :( I would want anything with any heavier draw weight.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
bdog

Post by bdog »

Some nice light arrows and the fastest string you can find and a Vixen and be good at estimating distances...thats what I use for 3D but I hunt with a Vortex.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Another vote for the Vixen! :wink:

When you do score well with a Vixen, you know you've earned it. It's not as fast or flat shooting as the higher powered models, but if you can hold steady and judge the distances accurately you'll get it done!

My Vixen has given me a great deal of satisfaction against faster bows at shoots in the past. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.