Hey you great people!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

Hey you great people!

Post by DaGriz »

I just finished reading the 5 pages of posts on my "I'm Gone" thread. You people are truly amazing! Never could I imagine that much support for a grumpy old man like me. I am deeply touched and cannot tell you how much it means to me.

I am venturing back here but will be awful cautious and carefull. Don't know how it will go. If I start to get the nasty grams again I will find a way to deal with it on my own terms. I will not make names public information nor bother the administration here.

So anyway off to a better topic. My one way of dealing with stress and flushing my mind of the crappy stuff is to work in my shop. So that's what I've been doing. Plus I don't sleep much at night so I get lots of hours in doing "stuff" Thought about all the suggestions for knife styles I get and decided to try and make something that seems to be a favorite of a lot of people. I took a piece of 1095 steel and hacked out my interpetation of the old Schrade Sharpfinger. Don't know if that is the real name but that's what I call it. Here's what it looks like:

I liked the way turned out but now what do I do with it???
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Boo

Re: Hey you great people!

Post by Boo »

I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife! I'm not buying that knife!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

cooool!!! That is one awesome knife.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

How do you do that???? Awesome knife! Send it to Boo . . .he doesn't have one like that. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
M&M

Post by M&M »

Very cool what's the handle made out of ? I truly expected at the end of boo's post to see "how much do you want for it" nice work
M&M
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I liked how the 1095 Sharp Finger turned out. Some time in the wee hours of the morning yesterday I had a serious brain fart. Dug around in my knife making steel shelf and found a piece of pretty decent Damascus. Figured if I don't try it I'll never know and some time in the future I'd look back and cuss because I didn't do it.
After a long night and day plus another night I came up with a Damascus Finger blade. Not even close to beiing finished. Profile is near done, but needs a lot of my time. Also need to figure out some kick ass scale wood to compliment the Damascus . I quickly did a lite acid etch on the blade part so I could put up a picture here for all to compare with the 1095 Finger. (Sorry about the crappy picture.) So here it is:

Slighty different shape as I never have two knives exactly the same. I didn't think the rounded slot in the balde would look good in Damascus. I'm thinking of some mesquite scales or burl maple.
So I'll soon have two "Fingers" I need to figure out what to do with, I don't think I'll do any giveaways as that's pretty much what started the hate mail last time .
I'm open to suggestions

masboy

Post by masboy »

i,m glad your staying on here .we sure would miss you and looking at your fine looking knifes. fine looking kinfe! always looking forward too what the next one will look like . sure wish i had the skill too make them.
M&M

Post by M&M »

I vote for silent auction with the profits going to a childrens charity
M&M
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

AAAAAAlright! Welcome back Darrel and another couple of sweet knives. Eye candy, Eye candy. YUM YUM. :D :D :D
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Simply amazing!!!

Needs to be used on a deer some day.......
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes Sharpfinger was Shrades name, Darrel those are fine Knivers yer making. I can't say enuff good comments about yer talent on makng Beautiful working Knives!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad you decided to come back!
Just send it to Boo, he needs one more knife! Include an invoice and give him the option of returning the knife or sending a check, bet you get a check. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

wabi wrote:Glad you decided to come back!
Just send it to Boo, he needs one more knife! Include an invoice and give him the option of returning the knife or sending a check, bet you get a check. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't do that! He made me promise not sell him any knives. He told me he has far, far more than he needs! :wink:

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

VERY NICE!!!!

The knife AND the fact that you're here! :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

wabi wrote:Glad you decided to come back!

If there was a "Knife of the Month" club, then Don would be a member. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen