O/T my daughter got an athletic scholar award for a 3.93

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

O/T my daughter got an athletic scholar award for a 3.93

Post by Hoss »

I know this is off topic but I wanted to brag...My Daughter just recieved a scholarship for the third year in a row. She plays softball for a 4 year University just down the road from home. She had other offers after graduating from high school from Div1 to Juco but being a Daddys girl and wanting to stay close to home . I could not be happier. At the banquet last week she recieved a Athletic Academic Award for an 3.93 GPA. As an athelet that is hard to do with all the traveling that they do.1 Out of only 4 in the whole school, she had the highest GPA. Not only a good student but she smaked 10 homeruns this last year with a batting average of 341, OBP of 412 and a slugging percentage of 568. She had her exit meeting with the coach there after and he commited to completely taking care of her again for the 3rd year in a row..She and I have had zero money out of our pocket to go to college. Im a very lucky man not just because of the cost and how close she is to home but first and formost because My baby is a dedicated person with big goals. She is getting her buisness degree/psychology now and after 4 years plans on going to med school to become a doctor. WOW a Doctor from my genes, thats a miracle in it self.lol. So I decked out her little car that she worked and paid for thru the summer at Warehouse market. It was kind rough and needed some TLC. It was time for her to get a little payday from daddy for her hard work and dedication, No tickets, No trouble. New paint almost show car quality. New tires gotta keep her safe. New tint, new headlamps, all the bugs like an exhaust leak was fixed ect everything was done. She thought I was just fixing the mechanical things and I surprized her with PAINT too. This is just a token of my appreciation and a small payday to her. Thanks for looking..

Last edited by Hoss on Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Limbs and Sticks

Re: O/T my daughter got an athletic scholar award for a 3.9

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

You are a blessed man.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
maple

Post by maple »

Hot Dang Hoss......Congratulations to you and your daughter (and family) on the hard won "miracles". Good for you. There's a lot more hard work there than meets the eye. Thanks for sharing!!!

And to think it all started with a crossbow..... :wink:

Maple
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hoss - that's one amazing way to show her you love her! Good for her to get such high marks and get the scholarships! She sounds like a very special and wonderful girl. You're both blessed in so many ways!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

Best O/T post ever. Awesome, just awesome. She sounds like the rare type of kid who can do anything she puts her mind too. No doubt a chip off the old block.

We love our softball up north here(we call it fastball though). I played for 10 years and never hit 10 hr. mind you, never had a 3.93 gpa either :lol:
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thanks Guys and dolls====

Here is some good info for you Our Pitcher is from Trail, British Columbia. We love her she is one heck of a ball player...We have girls from Californa, Arkansas, Texas, from all over the place..good school...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats to you and your daughter!!!! :D :D
You have every reason to brag!!!!
Now if i can brag a little...my son graduated college two weeks ago with a B.S in resp. therapy, gpa of 3.6 :D starts his new job at our trauma center hospital on june 6th, and will start classes in the fall to become a doctor!!!! :D :D :D
I know exactly where your coming from my friend! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

A DR. no less. Congrats!!! I am also sure she has enough sense not to rope a deer. :) :D :lol:
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Did I mention that I am an only child. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously Hoss, you should be very very proud. Congrats to you and your daughter. :D
munch

Post by munch »

congrats to you and your girl hoss you should be proud.very nice job on the car.do you think her wanting to become a doctor has anything to do with watching you on some of your adventures .witch reminds me what the hec is going on you seem to be slowing down in your old age .don't forget our motto GOD HATES COWARDS get out there and wrestle something
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Nice Hoss! you done good! both in raising a good kid, and on the car of course!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good job on the car Hoss . . .you should have gotten Norm to help you out, she could get home an hour sooner. :D

It is tough to be a scholar athlete . . .my girls are in High School playing tennis. Both are scholar athletes. It's physically and mentally demanding. Several nights of doing homework till midnight and up early in the a.m. to workout before school. The High School team had an 4.05 GPA average and made it to the elite eight in the state playoffs here in Georgia(big time tennis talent in this region). Apparently, the girls are competitive on the field and in the classroom. The boy's team never comes close to matching the GPA score against the ladies.

Good job with your daughter . . .guess she figures there's got to be a better way of bringing home the bacon than roping deer. :lol:

Better save your money . . .sounds like those next four years may get expensive. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

And brag you should Hoss! :D sounds like an awesome father,daughter relationship.
We all must be close to the same age here. My daughter is going to university to become a lab tech.
I don't know about you but I don't know where my daughter got her brains from,(I tell ppl she got what I didn't use, that's why she's so smart. :lol:
Nice car and nice surprise for her, the best thing about these kids becoming docs is they can look after their dads! :lol: :lol:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Excellent!! Sounds like your girl really has it goin' on!! Good for her!!
Definately worth braggin' about!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's to your daughter and her scholarship ! ... And the sweeeet ride that dad fixed up for her !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "