Shipping Abroad

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Shipping Abroad

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

If this topic has been touched upon before, I apologize! With allot of new members joining this might be good to bring up! I had asked this gentleman to do some work on my trigger and he agreed. I believe we know who I'm referring to. When I was filling out the form to have the trigger ship and insured from the US to Canada. I asked how I should state what was in the package to be shipped, the postal worker's reply was "trigger unit" Which I know now is not accurate! The term 'Crossbow' should have been added to the description. This was taking place the same time a Xbow stock started having issues and we all know how that's going :evil:
When the gentleman received my package he was charged a tax fee, which he will be reimbursed for! I'm definitely not up on shipping abroad. Following the thread on Boo's stock somethings came to light such as, repaired, not as a gift etc. If there are more please state them.
This gentleman stated don't worry about the tax fee. Classy guy! Although he will be paid in full! Thanks!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
badredbird

Re: Shipping Abroad

Post by badredbird »

ahhh if we just invade canada and annex it we wont have shipping issues!!!!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Do not label anything coming to Canada that can appear to be a gun part of any kind.
A generic description such as "Archery" supply or equipment is best used.
You will enjoy that trigger!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

enormous wrote:Do not label anything coming to Canada that can appear to be a gun part of any kind.
A generic description such as "Archery" supply or equipment is best used.
You will enjoy that trigger!
Yes, just do'nt write on the package anything that can be connected to a firearm. My mistake was Wood stock and should have been archery equipment. Or crossbow accessory. Trigger is connected to a gun. OR, they just might want to annoy someone that day and in that case YOU ARE F@@K. Any any case, Good luck.
I am now represented by the honorable Scott Sumner who enjoys verbal combat. If any can crack their code of conduct and get the stock released its Scott. :evil:
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

How big of an envelope does it take to ship a broad? j/k one of those days :)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

NewGuy wrote:How big of an envelope does it take to ship a broad? j/k one of those days :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking the same but was afraid to comment!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

VixChix wrote:
NewGuy wrote:How big of an envelope does it take to ship a broad? j/k one of those days :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking the same but was afraid to comment!
Me too!! Gotta get my mind out of the gutter!! :lol: :oops:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bommer

Post by bommer »

I went thru the same thing in the early spring. My bigest mistake was insuring the trigger and a mug way to much,and I said a trigger assembly . It cost I think 67.00 duty, which I reimburst. He told me half price on the job, but I said thanks he did'nt need to pay for my mistakes. Still the best money I ever spent
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

the best thing is to give very vague information giving them too much information is always bad , less you give better off you are dealing with them
Boo

Post by Boo »

The word "archery" makes all the difference. Scott, you are lucky that US Customs actually opened the package and saw it was not a firearm part! Of course Sumner would have some more fun if it went that way! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Boo wrote:The word "archery" makes all the difference. Scott, you are lucky that US Customs actually opened the package and saw it was not a firearm part! Of course Sumner would have some more fun if it went that way! :shock:
Sorry Don, We should take the US Customs to court for violating the innocence of that box! Cop a plea bargain for your stock and we will drop all charges :idea:
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Boo

Post by Boo »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Boo wrote:The word "archery" makes all the difference. Scott, you are lucky that US Customs actually opened the package and saw it was not a firearm part! Of course Sumner would have some more fun if it went that way! :shock:
Sorry Don, We should take the US Customs to court for violating the innocence of that box! Cop a plea bargain for your stock and we will drop all charges :idea:
I think we should incarcerate them all in Guantanamo Bay! :evil: But not the ones who allowed your trigger unit to pass because they were obviously not inbred because they used their brains unlike the ones who took hold of my stock! :evil:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

OH, Scott may have much more fun ahead. Never got an answer yet if they made a decision on what it is, a crossbow stock or square barrelled rifle stock. Do not assume they have a brain. :evil: