lumenock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

muskyman454

lumenock

Post by muskyman454 »

how can i get the insert out of a carbon fierbolt to install a lumenok ? or can i get them already installed? i havent seen them on excaliburs accessories page?
onebigskittle

Re: lumenock

Post by onebigskittle »

Lumenok.com ...check it out
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

You can purchase the Firebolts in a 3 pack with the Lumenoks installed...not sure where, but I know they're available.
I installed my own in new shafts but also had to remove the aluminum nocks first.
Screw a field point into the insert and heat it, the field tip, carefully until the knock twists out with pliers.
Be sure to only heat it enough to get the nock out.
I used a new drill bit to clean out the glue left inside the shaft then installed the Lumenoks.
Was pretty simple to do and they work flawlessly!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i did check out lumenock.com and they listed every type bolt but fierbolt or i just overlooked them? i asked the guy at the local pro shop about heating carbon and he said that it could not be done.i am new to carbon and i didnt know how to go about it.but i will give it a try.i like most dont have alot of extra cash to trough around so i wanted to check with you guys and gals and see what way you went.on the next really hot day i am going to lay some on the dashbord of the car and see if that will heat them up enough?just a thought? thanks
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

forget heating them, you will destroy them , however did know a guy who used to put them in some sort of release agent and used to soak them several days and it would get them out , will y to find out hwat he used
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Part of getting them out will depend on what glue was used to install them originally, if they used a super glue then you can use acetone as a release agent. Most nail polish removers should contain enough acetone to do the trick. I have not personally tried this on carbon arrows, as I am still partial to aluminum. I would try a test soak of one arrow and see how it goes.
Hallaketrout

Post by Hallaketrout »

I would proceed with caution regarding acetone.
I would be concerned the acetone might start to soften the resins in the carbon fiber. But I have no experience here, never tried it. It would be a shame to turn it into a noodle.
I believe I have seen a thread in lumenok, but that would extend the length of the bolt, is that a problem? I don't know never tried that.
You are only Young Once but have the rest of your life to be Immature!

Hunting
Kayak Fishing
Fly Fishing
Trap Shooting
30-06
And now Exocet 200/Lumi-zone
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

its one of the easons i shoot aluminum , pain in the butt to change out nocks and inserts in cabons if at all possible , besides leery of them shattering .
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

I have used on close to two dozen firebolts a bolt about 4" long that threads into rear nock. I clamp my threaded bolt into a vise and proceed to heat IT and not the shaft. While heating it keep a constant pull on shaft/firebolt and it will eventually break free, all in under a minute. Just heat slowly
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
liketoshoot

Post by liketoshoot »

vrodman

that is a great idea...
shoot more and shoot more often
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Thanks, but I don't deserve the credit. I got it right here on this great forum.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

thanks for all your help!! i took some advice and put a twist on it.i took a peace of wire and wrapped it around the porch post above the railing and put a field point in the nock and wrapped the wire around the space between the nock and field point and put my zippo lighter under the point.they popped right out in under a minute and then i used a bore brush to clean any glue left inside.they slide right in and work like a charm! out of my exomax they look like a lazier! :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Glad to hear you got it figured out and installed your Lumenoks!
They do look pretty cool when they're sailing through the air don't they! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
lscha

Post by lscha »

Lumenok actually sells the assembled Firebolts. http://lumenok.net/shop/Crossbow/c4/index.html?page=2 here. They also sell the pack with Victory shafts.
I'll be trying those. I use the inserts now and love them.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

lscha wrote:Lumenok actually sells the assembled Firebolts. http://lumenok.net/shop/Crossbow/c4/index.html?page=2 here. They also sell the pack with Victory shafts.
I'll be trying those. I use the inserts now and love them.
I saw the Firebolts from Lumenok and I was considering buying them but decided to by all the components and make them myself.
I refletched all my hunting and practice arrows at the same time to give myself something to do in the off season. :)

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads