Super string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Metropolis

Super string

Post by Metropolis »

I bought a super-string and I went to but it on my bow and as soon as I let the limbs down one side unraveled. I have only used the original factory type string. So I am wondering if the string was defective or did I do something wrong?
Last edited by Metropolis on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Re: Super string

Post by wabi »

Did you reduce the number of twists in the string while installing it?
wabi
phil

Post by phil »

...sounds defective?....call company and maybe try another one?
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'll bet Sumner's custom stock that a stringing aid wasn't used or that no twists were put in prior to installation. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Boo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

Boo wrote:I'll bet Sumner's custom stock that a stringing aid wasn't used or that no twists were put in prior to installation. :mrgreen:
i remembered seeing that a string aid is needed Boo.
But i never understood why..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

I did use the stringing aid and twisted the string. I've had my Pheonix for 6 years and changed the string a few times, just with the regular excal type string.
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:
Boo wrote:I'll bet Sumner's custom stock that a stringing aid wasn't used or that no twists were put in prior to installation. :mrgreen:
i remembered seeing that a string aid is needed Boo.
But i never understood why..
Flemish strings rely on twists to stay together. The more twists and tension the more the string wants to stay together. With the advent of the string aid Flemish strings coming apart on installation (with the exception of operator error) is pretty much non-existent because they get installed with all the twists needed to stay together.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Same thing happen to me a few weeks ago when I put on my 1st excal fff string (using a excal's stringer), one of the loop end started to come undone, while starting to remove the stringer, at the time, I did not know what happened, I then went to put on the 2nd one, i think I saw what happened with the 1st - I put one loop on the bow & was twisting the body of the string, while holding the other end & I could see the one loop end starting to come undone. I then started watching both loop end while twisting (& twist the loop with the string & took my time), no more problems, that string worked fine, after shooting about 30 times & 4 days later, string stayed on brace marks, I took it off to use as my spare, & put a 3rd one on with still no more problems. I watch the loops now, I belive the problem with the 1st one was on me.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
Boo

Post by Boo »

This is a very old story told many, many times. Of all the strings I've sold only 2 came apart and in both instances stringing aids were not used. When using a factory string you can have the string unravel by not putting a whack of twists in the string because it doesn't come pre-twisted.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hey, gamble with your own custom stock . . .oh wait, you don't have one . . .yet. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
strum

Post by strum »

sumner4991 wrote:

Hey, gamble with your own custom stock . . .oh wait, you don't have one . . .yet. :lol:
that there is F UUUUNNNNY :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day. fitting an excalibur super flemish string 2097 using excalibur stringer first put one loop on lets say on the left limb tip, tighten the right side to do this turn the loop (anti-clockwise) so its just a nice tight fit over the limb tip remove the stringing aid idealy the string should sit 1/2 over the top line closest the trigger leave it sit over night it should sit just under top line by a string width by morning, perpect & ajust as needed... regards frank p.s (anti-clockwise to tighten clockwise to loosen) from either side same rule applys...
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

sumner4991 wrote:

Hopefully soon you will not be able to say that. Yippie yahooooooooooo! :D :D :D
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

Thanks for the help. I ll try this again. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

Try shortening your stringing aid so that you can put your string on with 15 or 20 or even more twists. It is far better to have too many twists than too little.