New wearable portable blind--The Ambush.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

New wearable portable blind--The Ambush.

Post by the elf »

Hi all-I have just bought a new wearable portable blind called The Ambush.All I can say is wow;it lives up to it's advertising ;on and off in seconds very low weight[advertised as 2.2 lbs] This thing and a seat will be all I will be using------no more climbing. Works really well with my Excalibur---will have to experiment with my recurve. IT IS A Canadian Company. the web site is quite informative.I had it on over a white shirt and tan shorts and my white spindly legs and I was hard to see from a very short distance.My area dealer sells for $97.00 plus tax. all that is missing is a carry bag of some kind. Lots of info on site.You carry it in to where you want to hunt; then put it on.No more giving away your favourite spot.

The web site is---------www.altansafeoutdoors.com
Horizontal Hunter

Re: New wearable portable blind--The Ambush.

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Elf,

That might be just the ticket for my ground hunting. Thanks for sharing.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

elf I have something of that idea I picked up a couple of years ago called a vest-a-blind. Comes with a vest and "wrap" that came out of the back and went over the top and covered you like a blanket. Works great , just alittle hard to get it back in the way it first came out. I now have it seperate from the vest and cover myself when I get seated. It is made by Primos and I paid $35 CDN at Shooters Choice.Looks pretty sweet :D I like The Ambush better but tough to pay that $
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I used a leaf suit last yr for deer and turkey. Works great, total mobility and concealment. Have had both deer and turkey within 6 FEET. It's a heck of a way to hunt and no more climbing for me. My hunting buddy fell some 20 feet last September, is luck to be alive and still has another surgery before he's on two legs.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!