Snakeheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Snakeheads

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

A friend came by with this critter in his cooler, he caught this snakehead a mile from my house 20 miles from the Chesapeake bay, I think these are here to stay, this one is 20'' long and he caught it on a spinner fishing for bass, not good

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Re: Snakeheads

Post by vixenmaster »

Dang prehistoric looking cut bait ain't it! Might make good catfish bait
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

Those teeth look mean. I would not put my finger in it's mouth. :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

should report the catch to authoritie will life service . an introduced specie that invaded our lac and river. :( they say that fish can walk on land .very hard fish to get rig off. nasty looking to :mrgreen:
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
masboy

Post by masboy »

Ugly looking thing they say there in the Potomac river not real far from me but haven,t heard of any caught in the Susquehanna river where I live.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

denisdendenis wrote:should report the catch to authoritie will life service . an introduced specie that invaded our lac and river. :( they say that fish can walk on land .very hard fish to get rig off. nasty looking to :mrgreen:
Denis

They know, this thing is slowly adapting to salt water, right now it's up the brackish streams and taking over :x

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

we don't have them in ky.as far as i know. but i have a friend that said they are in wv.also. but i don't know.we do have asian big head carp.they did a show on kentucky afield and went bow fishing for them that would be a lot of fun they get over 50 pounds.but a little to far for me to drive to shoot carp.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

friggin nasty fish.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
phil

Post by phil »

yeah, there here in new jersey too!....they are tough, aggresive fish that wreck the ecosystem
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

i ate them they are delicious, people of asian descent brought them here and spread them as they are a delicacy , they are nasty caught quite a few in fla , but know they ae very aggressive not good for ecosyatem
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hope I never catch one! :shock:
wabi
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

All we have to do to get rid of the asian carp and the snake heads is say they are a delicacy . if that doesn't work we should turn them into mystery fillet o fish burgers :roll:

In all seriousness , if these fish are so plentiful ; fish them commercially . Sell them back to China , process them for cat / pet food. Grind them up for fertilizer . Must be a few more uses . You could make a few bucks and get rid of the problem at the same time.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Farmer wrote:All we have to do to get rid of the asian carp and the snake heads is say they are a delicacy . if that doesn't work we should turn them into mystery fillet o fish burgers :roll:

In all seriousness , if these fish are so plentiful ; fish them commercially . Sell them back to China , process them for cat / pet food. Grind them up for fertilizer . Must be a few more uses . You could make a few bucks and get rid of the problem at the same time.
They are fishing for the Asian carp commercially here in IL. I know a commercial fisherman the works out of Grafton, IL, at the junction of the Miss.River and the IL River. He uses nets and right now he is getting $0.18 per lb. for them. Farther up the IL River, at Pearl, IL, they are building a processing plant that will clean and freeze the fish and SELL THEM BACK TO CHINA. :!: Gary
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

That is a nasty looking fish . :)
The nastiest I saw was a wolf eel face to face when on my dive course at Shearwater . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

GaryM wrote:
Farmer wrote:All we have to do to get rid of the asian carp and the snake heads is say they are a delicacy . if that doesn't work we should turn them into mystery fillet o fish burgers :roll:

They are fishing for the Asian carp commercially here in IL. I know a commercial fisherman the works out of Grafton, IL, at the junction of the Miss.River and the IL River. He uses nets and right now he is getting $0.18 per lb. for them. Farther up the IL River, at Pearl, IL, they are building a processing plant that will clean and freeze the fish and SELL THEM BACK TO CHINA. :!: Gary
if the fish and wild life see that there is a dollar amount attached to this fish there will be a new season and harvest and permits and regulations and they will be here to stay! instead of letting them wipe them out! :(