FORMAT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brampton Mike

FORMAT

Post by Brampton Mike »

what happened...i'm off line for a few days and come back and the format has changed!how do i get the old format back????
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
sumner4991

Re: FORMAT

Post by sumner4991 »

Brampton Mike wrote:what happened...i'm off line for a few days and come back and the format has changed!how do i get the old format back????
Yep . . .turn your back for one minute and wham!

It takes a little getting use to . . .it's OK, but, not as good as the other format. I still feel cramped in here.

***It's the only complaint I've ever had about Excalibur . . .hard to find a hunter that's also a computer geek. :lol: As long as they don't down grade their bows, I'm OK.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I see now what's up. We get huge numbers of hits from people who are doing searches and get refered to the forum. Once in the forum they had no easy access to the website so this is an effort to get them to be able to enter and learn more about our products from the forum. We can talk this over with Peter when he gets back and see if we can make it less intrusive but please remember that this forum is supported by our sales and our first and formost obligation is to keep Excalibur bouncing and to keep bringing new converts into the family.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

With what Bill T said, guess we will learn to like it and get used to it. :) :) He pays the bills!
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Not quite.....
I said we will try to make it less of an issue, but we need to leave an easy way for outsiders to enter the website thru the forum
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Bill T wrote:Not quite.....
I said we will try to make it less of an issue, but we need to leave an easy way for outsiders to enter the website thru the forum
I do like having access to the website while on the forum also. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth to check things out when I want to.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
philman

Post by philman »

Yep..I like this way! :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

philman wrote:Yep..I like this way! :D
Kinda got used to it myself over the last week. Writing is bigger now than it used to be. Good for my old eyes that are lossing sight because of old age. LOL
TPM

Post by TPM »

I think the idea of linking directly to the website is good but in my opinion that's not the biggest issue in the new layout. This layout doesn't look too bad in Explorer but if you're using a different browser (we use Firefox) it comes off very cheesy. Fonts come off different, spacing is bad, grid lines are missing. Any one who's done website design knows that a site that comes up different with different browsers is just a sign of poor programming. At the risk of offending some one at Excal, sometimes it's good to get an outside company to set up the website. :? These are basic code issue's that an experienced programmer wouldn't let happen.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Any one who's done website design knows that a site that comes up different with different browsers is just a sign of poor programming. At the risk of offending some one at Excal, sometimes it's good to get an outside company to set up the website. These are basic code issue's that an experienced programmer wouldn't let happen.
No offence taken. We do have professional outside help with many aspects of our web design but mixing formats with browsers is an on-going challenge. We will continue to improve things to make our forum the best it can be. The idea of having the forum embedded in our website is two-fold. As Bill said, it helps to keep Excalibur as a main part of the forum to help pay the bills and an it’s an easy way to check out what we are doing while you are enjoying the forum to keep everybody up-to-date. Our website and forum will continue to evolve, we encourage and appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Peter
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I personally like this design. Things are there at a click of the mouse.
Thanks Excalibur.
Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Rather than having the links to the products at the side it may be better at the top? This way aS you scroll down there is no dead space.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
AndreTTOW

Post by AndreTTOW »

one shot scott wrote:Rather than having the links to the products at the side it may be better at the top? This way aS you scroll down there is no dead space.
While this would make it more attractive to forum users, it would not be good for business.

A left nav is always a better option. having a few quick links up top (like they already do) is quite fine, but most studies have show the left nav rules.

It gets the click, and that is by all accounts the most important thing here. :-)

I presonally appreciate being able to access the info from the forum...but that's still besides the point. This format is tried and true in any website...it works.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Honourable John Gilbert "Jack" Layton (July 18, 1950 – August 22, 2011)
TPM

Post by TPM »

AndreTTOW wrote:
one shot scott wrote:Rather than having the links to the products at the side it may be better at the top? This way aS you scroll down there is no dead space.
While this would make it more attractive to forum users, it would not be good for business.

A left nav is always a better option. having a few quick links up top (like they already do) is quite fine, but most studies have show the left nav rules.

It gets the click, and that is by all accounts the most important thing here. :-)

I presonally appreciate being able to access the info from the forum...but that's still besides the point. This format is tried and true in any website...it works.
No doubt it works. Another forum I frequent started this a few years ago too but they managed to do do it using much less space. They also kept the amount of space for the username and avatar to a minimum also to maximize reading space for the posts.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:( I still don't like it and will not visit as much! Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!