Huntfest, Orangeville

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Huntfest, Orangeville

Post by TPM »

Anyone go today??? How was it??
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
BOB VANDRISH

Re: Huntfest, Orangeville

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

My buddy and I got there a bit too early and they had a big lineup to get in!
It was a good show with a good cross section of goodies for every aspect of outdoor sports.
Since I am a senior,the $6 entry was the right entry fee,but at $12 for everybody else,I thought that was a bit steep.
Plenty of competitive crossbows to Excal-no idea how good they are,but they were everywhere!(lots of compound bows too!)
If you like to see what is the latest,it is worth the drive!
Bob Vandrish.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Enormous and I made an appearance today, the building was sweltering hot, the entry fee was steep and it is a far, far cry from the advertised "biggest show in Canada".
Got to shake uncle Festers hand, which is always a pleasure, the displays we well set up and clean. Not sure it was worth the drive, but its always nice to get out and see what's new in the hunting world. And friends, of course that makes the whole trip worthwhile too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

David, next time you can drive (my car of course).
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

enormous wrote:David, next time you can drive (my car of course).
Ya, and then you can come pick me up and we'll see how well Norm can squeeze into the back seat!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Schnarrfuss and I made an appearance yesterday as well. We were somewhat disappointed.

Although Excalibur didn't have a booth setup we did run into a rep, wish I would have got his name, and were given an Excal window decal.

Met Unclefester at the Vortex booth as well.

My better half thought it was a great show because I came home with no new toys...

Just my two cents.......as a buyer its getting difficult to purchase new items or see the latest innovations. Most retailers don't carry items in stock and am stuck buying by looking at pictures on websites or magazines. Unfortunately for the local shop this usually means I'm buying more online. I understand the shop owners and stocking items increases their cost. I like supporting the local archery shops over the big box stores and eBay but its getting hard
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

I was disappointed at the size of the show. It was a sweatbox at noon when I left. Not many products for sale . Two camo graphic companies had my interest ( Impact H20 and Camo Junkies ) . Vendors booths too close , arena too small; first and last year attending. Ray
munch

Post by munch »

xbhntr wrote:I was disappointed at the size of the show. It was a sweatbox at noon when I left. Not many products for sale . Two camo graphic companies had my interest ( Impact H20 and Camo Junkies ) . Vendors booths too close , arena too small; first and last year attending. Ray
i liked meeting the 2 graphics guys as well also uncle fester at the vortex booth had some info on there products and pointed me in the right direction for my next big purchase .i did buy a camo pink sling for the daughters vixen and found what seemed to be a great deal on scentlock under layer for 50%off .i thought it was ok for there first show although it was very hot inside the poor guys in the booths where cooking .i would like to see more bow supplys as well
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I was there for an hour and a half (10am until 11:30pm) and must've walked the floor five times. The only thing I really saw of interest was over at the Tec Canada booth, where they had an over-under, double rifled barrel shotgun. It was $2400.00, which would have been very difficult to hide from the wife.

Caught up with a few folks and that was about it. Otherwise, it was a waste of time, other than being 'just a number' that WildTV may use to lure more vendors to future shows. If they can show proven attendence figures, maybe it will take.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

Iwas there for a bit at the gobblestalker calls booth with Kevin Got some new mouth calls and can purr on em and a kee kee too it was loads of fun :)
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P