Nighttime flathead fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

Nighttime flathead fishing

Post by masboy »

Been to hot here to shoot bow very much so been fishing at night for big flatheads.was 102 degrees here today the flatheads are taking over our river.don,t hardly catch any bluegills any more I think the flatheads are eating everything up.I been catching them about everywhere I fish in the deep holes all up and down the river on live sunfish and bluegills.got a 36.5 lb the other night and a lot in the 20lb range the last couple weeks.
gerald strine

Re: Nighttime flathead fishing

Post by gerald strine »

wow great fish should be some good eats.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i love to catch them the biggest for us is 57 pounds they are a blast.any live fish will work but live shad work better than bluegills.i have found but i like a bluegill about 8 inches for big cats.they are great eating cut them up into bite size pieces and deep fry them they are great. :D
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Very cool, by the look of that fishes gut they are eating pretty good. :lol: hope you guys get a break from the heat, tell you what; send it here, raining every day and we haven't seen a temp over 80 all summer! :shock: :lol:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

hankenhunter wrote:Does anybody there noodle them. I watched them noodle on T.V
and almost fell off my chair laughing, till I saw the size of the fish
they were feeding their fingers to. :shock: That takes guts
cause catfish aren't the only thing living in those river banks.
Happy fishing,
Hank
I've seen noodleing on tv too and there's no way I'm wading through the river sticking may arm in a hole so deep my ear touches the riverbank!! Just ain't gonna happen! :shock:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

Some good lookin' fish there!
wabi
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i go noodling every year its a blast,get a bunch of guys together and get at it,they will bite you and it takes some getting used to.i love to take newbies you can hear them scream under water. :lol: :lol: :lol: you will lose a little skin and have alot of laughs.my hats off to the ladies on the vid girls gone grabblin they are some tough ladies!fish that size can drown you or break bones they are very strong under water.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Looks like fun. Reminded me of my spam years when we fished bullheads in the creek out back and fried them on the spot. Great time...if you could last through the mosquito attack at sundown.
Had some smoked channel cat not to long ago, lip-smackin' good.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

them flatheads are the best eatn catfish there is. On them big ones make sure you carve out the cheek steaks on the side of the head. They are awsome fried up..

noodlin yep got buddys that have been snake bit and that have lost fingers to beaver..been bitn by snappin turtles. Its not for the faint at heart.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

we don't reach back in the banks any more since the beaver has exploded around here.everything we check has to be out in the water and all the way under with no air pockets.that way the only thing we find is fish.and every now and then a turtle.but not to often.i think one in the last couple of years.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Got a buddy in Tenn. that use to noodle grab every thing catfish to hogs, he stuck his arm up under the bank and it grabbed him then headed for deeper water, he said the only reason it turned him lose was he poked it's eyes out with his free hand, both of them, he thought this cat was close to 100lbs and would have drown him if he didn't get away, no thanks.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

thats what most people don't know they do bite you when you reach in there if they have eggs there thats what they are protecting.channel and blue cats bite the hardest but flatheads take a bigger bite.i have been bitten almost to my elbow and yes i screamed under water! :lol: beer does help. :lol: :lol: