A big thank you

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

A big thank you

Post by DaGriz »

to everyone who bought or got one of my knives. To everyone who made such great comments about my work, to everyone who was so supportive of my making kinves. It has been a lot of fun for me to make them, sell them and also to give them away. Unfortunately all good things come to an end sooner or later and it’s now time for me. I have to stop making knives, my eyes are getting too bad , my hands are to the point of not being able hold on to the stuff I used to, the grinding and sanding dust is raising heck with my lungs.
As much as I hate to do it I have to stop. I have a few knives yet to build and then that’s pretty much the end of it. Kinda tears me up to stop doing one of the things I really love , but such is life. Getting old really sucks. These are supposed to be my "Golden Years" Well I'm here to tell you it's not even close!

Thanks again to everyone!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
one shot scott

Re: A big thank you

Post by one shot scott »

I'm sorry to hear that Darrel. That's almOst like hearing that Excalibur Is going to stop makIng crossbows :cry:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

No you can't stop making great knives! Slow down, just make one every 4 to 6 months & wear a filtered mask. Plus that gives yer hands & fingers a chance to rest.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

sorry to hear that.but that's how i got into crossbows can't through them big musky baits anymore.yes it sucks getting old.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I know your not the type a man to quit doing what has become a way of life, Smoke just mention a way and I'm sure you will figure other ways to carry on, every day is different work when you want.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
masboy

Post by masboy »

Sorry to hear that grizz wish you the best.always made my day to look on here an see one of your fine knifes.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well, its very very sad news to hear. Like I've said before, you will find a heart no bigger than Darrels. Take some time off and see if it makes a difference. Its a sad day when you lose an artist and a giving person like you. :(
munch

Post by munch »

hope you can find a way to enjoy your hobby you make some nice pieces .my son is very proud of his .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Grizz,

Never say never. Just take a rest and take it from there. You have a great gift and turn out such beautiful pieces of functional art it would be a shame to see that gift go totally idle.

Hunting season is just around the corner and come January you might feel up to making a knife or two.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Thanks for all the kind words. I very much do not like having to give it up, but.... sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do!

I've got several all ready made if anyone is interested , send me an email letting me know you're serious and I can email pictures
Last edited by DaGriz on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Im sorry to hear your going to stop making your special knifes. Do you have pictures of whats for sale with prices ?
strum

Post by strum »

I also am very sad to hear that Darell. Its not often we get to know someone as special as you..i agree with the others in saying slow down get you some rest and if you feel like doing somthing then do it. but if your health isnt allowing then theres no need to push it.
either way you still have a great group of guys who love ya and support your decision..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hate to hear you're not going to make knives, but I understand.
I gave up making game calls several years ago for similar reasons.

But I did keep all the equipment just in case I ever get the urge again. :wink: :lol:
wabi
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

Sad to hear that your are stoping making knives Darell .take a break ,when the feeling come back .do it for yourself , hope you find some enjoyment do in it has a hobbie. take care of yourself
one day at the time, enjoy to the fullest
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Sorry to hear that DaGriz, like ppl said it was great to see your knives as you made them! They were all works of art. Hopefully things will look brighter in the future. :D may the good Lord bless you and your family in these times!
Ps Thanks for giving us all a chance to own a DaGriz knife! 8)
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!