O/T frogn trip last night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

O/T frogn trip last night

Post by Hoss »

Well Dan I did what you said and went killed a frog or 2 for you.. I said " This one is for awshucks" Then I stuck em..not a real big haul but for just 3 hours and some local pond hoping we did ok. This is my Oldest daughters redneck man on the left me on the right. I think we killed 11.. one was to small for sure but he will be tender..we aint done yet plenty time to go after more..

Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Limbs and Sticks

Re: O/T frogn trip last night

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

They all eat the same mmmmmm, good for you guys.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

looks like a good time was had nice hall.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Nice pics Hoss! Never had frog, do they taste like chicken as I heard? Do you eat more than the legs and what colored is the meat. I know these are dumb questions but this hunting looks totally awesome to me! Looks like a blast!
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

nice mess of frogs makes a skillet smell pretty! :D
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thanks for the comments Gents..

as for..
bcmuledeer wrote:Nice pics Hoss! Never had frog, do they taste like chicken as I heard? Do you eat more than the legs and what colored is the meat. I know these are dumb questions but this hunting looks totally awesome to me! Looks like a blast!
Bill
NOT dumb questions at all..when you gotta know you gotta know..they are better than chicken kinda sweet.There is only one skinny leg bone so its almost all meat..Ive at the front legs and back on some big ones but its just to much work for so little treat. I do trim out the belly meat its a nice thin piece of meat that we make as the appitizers. The meat is the whitest cleanest prettiest meat you will ever see raw. It cooks up even nicer. Bullfrogs wont eat anything unless its alive. bugs and beetles to Birds, mice, snakes, other frogs, crawdeads etc. so all good. If you ever have them you will understand why folks like them..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!