Weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Weather

Post by Farmer »

I almost forgot what rain looked like . After the wettest spring I can ever remember ( and that is along time --- my kids say I was here before dirt :roll: ) The fields here in SW Ontario went from soup to cement in less than 10 days. Our rains have not amounted to more than a few tenths of an inch since before June 28 . Our clay soils have / had some huge cracks . Our crops , lawns and mature trees were showing major signs of stress from the heat and drought condition .

What are field conditions like in your area ??
Boo

Re: Weather

Post by Boo »

DRY! The spring was so wet I couldn't get into my food plot with my ATV and now it's so dry that the weeds have taken over. The weather sucks!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

We had so much rain this spring it washed out the county roads & couldn't get to town fer 10 days. Now the stock pond has dropped 10' of its water lvl & has abit less than 2' in it! Yup its sure enuff dry! :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

We had a pretty good spring, but now it's hot and dry, not as bad as last yr at this time but still hot :(

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

last spring was wet planted my beans and corn three times.and then it got hot and now really hot storms about every three days here or there corn no good beans a little bit better.today 97 heat index 105 hum 85 percent thank god for ac! i am not a farmer its just my garden i raise every year not much good this year. :(
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Well my luck has changed we got about 2 .25 inches of much needed rain . I may get a crop yet ! :D
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Texas is in one of the worst droughts ever, if not the worst!! Parts of west Texas have had one quarter of an inch rain since last August.Lakes are down, water restrictions in place and supposed to get tougher shortly,twenty six consecutive days over 100 deg.Its HOT!!! and its DRY!!!
When I was growing up there were several "THE'S". "THE" depression, "THE" war,"THE flood,and "THE" drought. Many are saying that this drought is worse than "THE" drought(1957-58). Ranchers have pretty much sold their cows,no grass,no water. Any rain ya'll got extra send our way(also any of those cool temps would be appreciated)Keep us in your thoughts .
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Farmer wrote: What are field conditions like in your area ??
Water is gr8 to see to bottom, Nailing a ton of carp with my bow! Got my new front electric Minn Kota troller with foot petal and it worked super for the first time tonight. Just sorry it ends Sunday till next May. Biggest to date is 42 pounds. Monday is crows. That is what you asked is it not? LOL
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Please take some of our rain and 20 degree weather, it is the wettest July ever here, rain every day for three weeks. Excellent crops but cannot get into the fields, to soft, hay crops higher than the fence and falling over! :shock: man if only we could swap for a couple weeks. The weird thing is we were predicted to have a hot dry summer. :roll:
Kevin: sounds like your having a great fishing, bow season. Man that's some big fish! :shock: :D
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
novacam

Post by novacam »

Not too bad in my part of NS. We had a cold, wet Spring and our Summer hasn't really been great either, in terms of really warm days but for fields I think it's good. We get warm enough days and rain every few days (30mm tmrw). Food plot is coming in nicely for me, wish I could say the same for my Dad but his fertilizer attempt this year didn't turn out the best :?
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Go to head out for a look at my rain gauge ,we had another storm last night .

Wheelie a 42 # carp . That would tow my jon boat around for a bit :lol: :lol: Who needs an Minnkotta :lol:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

The weather is the same here as novacam has said. June was all rain and July was a nice month. A bit to dry on this end of the province I need to water my small garden every day.
Raymond