Slick Tricks shooting like fieldpoints???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

arnettjd10

Slick Tricks shooting like fieldpoints???

Post by arnettjd10 »

I already know that for the mostpart slick tricks shoot the same as fieldpoints, but at what distantce do they start changing for you? i know it wont be the same for everybody but im jus trying to get a general idea of when they start shooting different.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
bowhunter1

Re: Slick Tricks shooting like fieldpoints???

Post by bowhunter1 »

ya know, i have tried alot of different things to get the fixed blades to gain "my" confidance. I have worked very hard to the point of frustration! soo i have followed some very good advice that i have recived here on this forum. I went to Mech. i have tested them as far as blades NOT opening in flight, 3 heads worked great!!. i tested them as far as opening upon entry again 3 heads worked great!! POI all the way out to 50 yds the same as my field points and again 3 heads were awsome. So to heck with worring about when the fixed blade broadhead "may become unaccurate" screw on a X-ACT.. a HAMMERHEAD.... or a SPITFIRE MAX all in 100 gr. and let the blood fly!
They WILL FLY LIKE FIELD POINTS .
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

For me, Slick Tricks did not have the same POI as my field tips. There was a good bit of difference. But when I rezeroed my scope for the Slick Tricks, they were accurate out to 50 yards.

The G5 Strykers that I switched to have the same POI as my field tips. 50 yards is as far as I can shoot in my yard and they have the same POI out to there as my field tips do.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

On another forum, I read that "Moon" couldn't get regular Slick Tricks to group with his fieldpoints, but that the Razor Tricks do fly as well as field points.
He has shot them from multiple bows ranging from 260-380 ft per sec with the same results. Regular Slick Trick Magnums flew accurately for me out to 40 yards, which was as far as I tested. However, the point of impact was about an inch and a half different. I just bought a pack of the 125 gr. Razor Tricks today, but I probably won't get a chance to try them until next week. Good luck.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

With my Vortex they are within 2" of my fieldpoints out to 35 yards. Don't know about after that as that will be my shooting range.
On a side note if you use different arrows instead of the same one over and over the difference gets to be about 4" at 35 yards.
You got me thinking so I might have to try( on a target) out to 50 yards. :D
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I shoot Slick Mags and found out the hard way you have to spin test them. Instructions for removing wobble are on the packaging.
"Eze 18:21"
arnettjd10

Post by arnettjd10 »

wow i wasnt expecting these kind of answers but i really appriciate ur guys input, you got me thinkin about gettin sum mechanical heads instead of the slicks because i want my bh to shoot exactly the same as my fieldpoints.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

IMO any discussion of broadhead flight should include the arrow specs as well to be informative.
My Slicks (std and mags) do fly like field tips, from 2 Excals, on high FOC arrows (18-20%) with small vanes (Blazers or Fusion) set at right helical. Admittedly, they did not fly as well on arrows with lower FOC and 4" or 5" vanes.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
tman74

Post by tman74 »

Cossack wrote:IMO any discussion of broadhead flight should include the arrow specs as well to be informative.
My Slicks (std and mags) do fly like field tips, from 2 Excals, on high FOC arrows (18-20%) with small vanes (Blazers or Fusion) set at right helical. Admittedly, they did not fly as well on arrows with lower FOC and 4" or 5" vanes.
Are you shooting brass inserts Cossack?
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

hey Cossak.. i really do like the way you want to tinker with things BUT!!! (arrow specs.) screw on a mech. and kill them all day long!! :twisted: i shoot the easton Firebolt fusion vanes OR blazer OR 4" OR 5" STOCK VANES THAT COME ON THE FIRE BOLTS.. why make things so hard just screw in any of the above mentioned mech. broadheads and hit center every time.. i also shoot the Equniox witht the flemish string going as fast as i can go!!! BLOWING THRU most of my targets... :twisted:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Are you shooting brass inserts Cossack?[/quote] Yes, 110 gr
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
hawg hunter

Post by hawg hunter »

I've been shooting slicks since I bought my first Excal 7 yrs ago. I tried other bhds . Everyone wants their bows to shoot point of aim with their field pts..Field points are for shooting targets ,Bhds are for putting meat on the table. If your bhds are a little out of the field pt group. adjust your site accoding ly. Slicks and g5 are the best killing bhds out there. I practice with bhds because I hunt hawgs regularly. Ibuy one package of bhds and extra blades yearly most get resharpened two or three times then go to the practice .