About to buy an Aixom... question and I welcome input

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: About to buy an Aixom... question and I welcome input

Post by Doe Master »

The mainframe is already tapped with 10-24 and the AMO spacing for a quiver bracket .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Panhandler80

Post by Panhandler80 »

the AMO spacing for a quiver bracket.
What is AMO Spacing?

Archery Manufacterors Organization Spacing? I don't get it.

Thanks again.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Panhandler80 wrote:I appreciate the input.

What about the Axiom do you not like?

Also, do you know how the quicer attaches to the stock up front? If they quiver is not on there, is there a threaded hole that I can use to mount a stud for sling / bitpod / light, etc.

Thanks, PH80
g'day mate, just the frame it does nothing for me, in fact l think it looks very cheap something you'd expect out of china. also l'd say the quiver fits to the frame as the old ones do because l've seen nothing in new quiver mounting brackets for it l can have my quiver & bi-pod on at the same time. yes the harris LM model l use has a lug just like the stud fitted to your excalibur crossbow to fit your sling to..regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Archery Manufacterors Organization Spacing? I don't get it.
The spacing inbetween the holes is a standard spacing . That way manufacturers of quivers can have their quiver fit on other bows .That is why it is 10-24 as well .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Panhandler80

Post by Panhandler80 »

Cool. I appreciate it.

One of the videos on Excal's website goes over this fairly well.

So you have two holes for the quiver. you aslo have a stud up front in between the two bolts that hold the bow on the stock right? I'm assuming that is a stud for a sling.

Can I back it out use that threaded hole for something esle... light / bow fishing gear, etc?

JUST ABOUT to place the order. Before I do, I want to make sure that I can do everything that I want to with this bow. Getting very excited.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

If someone is that unhappy with the clarity of an Axiom scope there are two likely scenarios. Either he didn't bother or know how to focus it (most likely, it's amazing how many people don't know that every scope has to be focused) and he didn't read the instructions or call us for help. The second scenario is that there actually is something wrong with the scope (unlikely) and it would be gladly be replaced by the dealer because of our lifetime warranty. The Axiom scope is actually a better scope than the VZ simply because without the variable adjuster to set the crosshair to match the speed it allows better light transmission. The crosshair is set perfectly for our stock arrow with a 150 grain head so no adjustment is required.
strum

Post by strum »

hey Bill ,, I think im talking for most here..we appeciate your input on these matters ..it realy clears some things up ..i didnt know that detail about the light transmission diff with the VZ thanks.. :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

It isn't a big difference in light transmission, but the fact is that every bit of glass the light goes through before it hits your eye costs you brightness. Less glass equels more light!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I just got a lesson on scopes...didn't know that about my Axiom scope either...thanks Bill!!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4