Grim Reaper Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

arnettjd10

Grim Reaper Broadheads

Post by arnettjd10 »

Im wondering if anybody have used these out of their Excals? And how do they perform? The Grim Reaper website has alot of videos showing tests they've done with their broadheads and it all seems pretty legit.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
georgiaboy

Re: Grim Reaper Broadheads

Post by georgiaboy »

I plan on using them this season. Haven't used them on a critter yet...but been shooting the practice head this summer and it shoots to same poi as field tips.
I've been using spitfire's for the last 10 years, absolutely nothing wrong with them, i just like to experiment! :mrgreen:
Now i can speak about the spitfire...shoots same poi as field tip, and devastating on critters!!!! Keep us posted on what you choose and good luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Shoot like fieldpoints. Perfect!
In the Wind.......
wayne

Post by wayne »

Got some 1 3/4" grim reapers coming this week, will be testing them next week. If it matters, everyone has there own broadheads they like the best, I'll let you know how my testing goes for me, so far, did not care for the Swacker's. The X-act (looks like a spitfire) has been the best I've tested so far for me.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

A lot of people do not have confidence in a mechanical broadhead and will probably go to their grave using a fixed blade. I can't really blame them, there were several poorly made, cheap mechanicals when they first came out. Heck, for a long time, I wouldn't use them for hunting.

However, I strongly feel that if you are NOT using a mechanical today, then you are missing out.

The mechanicals have come a long way. They are more accurate, faster, and more devastating than any fixed blade on the market. Mechanicals are just easier to use.

Grim Reaper, Vortex, Trophy Ridge , NAP. . .there are several very good mechanical broadheads on the market and if used correctly, they are awesome.

I perfer the largest cut mechanicals. The more cutting surface, the better. I am currently using the Trophy Ridge Stricknines . . .three long blades.

Slick Trick, Spitfire, Stricknine
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hey there "sumner4991" Ya sure hit the bullseye on me with that one!!!!
Since 74 I've always used fix blades, this will be my 1st year with mech. 99% sure anyway. And WOW are they ever better then the ones I tried years ago. Seems to be a whole lot of different ones out there, but alot look the same (wonder how many companys really make them or are they just copying each other) the stricknine looks alot like a grim reaper - the spitfire looks alot like the x-act etc.
Been doing alot of testing so far with more to come, But i'am still finding old habits can be tuff to brake ( did buy some grizz tricks to test ). But also I just love shooting & by test broadheads, I don't have to feel bad about not cutting the grass, etc. LOL
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
tman74

Post by tman74 »

I used them last year for deer and they work great. They were extremely accurate of the Exomax.
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

i have used them for three years now and they are great fly just like a feild point,and put massive holes in what ever they hit !!!
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I have found them a very good head , but they also have to like the setup your shooting. The Compound they shoot well, but the Old Excal they tend to windplain and I have to wonder if the speed is a factor.

Just make sure you test them before heading to the woods as you just don't know how they may fly...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

I'm using 100 gr. 1 3/8" grim reapers and so far they are dead on hitting bulls at 30yds. I hope to introduce them to a few deer this fall... :lol:
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex