X-act broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

arnettjd10

X-act broadheads

Post by arnettjd10 »

Has anybody used these? how do they perform?
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
wayne

Re: X-act broadheads

Post by wayne »

I'am playing with them now, groups are great out to 50 yards (have not tried farther) can't really tell any POI different then the field tips - never had one open in flight - open right up in foam test - on the jug filled with water test, they drained the water faster then a 2 1/4" swacker. will be doing the plywood test soon with some other heads. So far they have been the best I've tested, but I still have the grim reaper 1 3/4" yet to try.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

If you get a chance could you do a hard quartering test to see if there's any issue with deployment,thinking of giving them a try myself but have always heard that's the expandables Achilles heal.
arnettjd10

Post by arnettjd10 »

thanks wayne for the reply, if you dont care could u keep me updated with the results of your test because grim reapers are one of my other choices that im looking at. i appriciate it.
2011 Excalibur Equinox
Shadow Zone Scope
Goldtip Laser II
110 gr brass inserts
Blazer X2
Rage 2 blade
wayne

Post by wayne »

Not a problem, I should be done testing by the end of next week, & I'll post what I found out with my type of testing. I'am no expert, but, since 74 I've never used a mechanical b/h & I have to feel good in my mind shooting at a deer with them. The main reason for the switch is the wife from time to time jerks the trigger & her shot is 2 or 3 inches off & I like the little extra cutting area the mech. offer, & I don't what to have 2 different b/h on our bows.
I picked 3 mech. to test, the: x-act, swacker, & grim reaper razor tip 1 3/4"
& 2 fixed blades (to fall back on - old habits die hard) the: boltcutters & grizz-tricks. Just hope I fall in love with one of these 5. Oct. 1 is getting close.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
spike

Post by spike »

I have used them for the past two seasons with good success. No problem deploying the blades and good blood trail. I used fixed blades before the xacts and much prefer the mechanical.
ROGER
novacam

Post by novacam »

I asked the question on X-Acts a while ago and from what I heard everyone liked them. Keep us posted on your test and results, very interesting tests!!