son's first day...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

son's first day...

Post by xbowrook »

at Hockey Skate School.. was pretty pumped about it and talked about it all day.. felt bad for him when we got there.. all the other kids had their full hockey gear on, he only had skates and helmet. nobody from the school bothered to call us back /email back to inform what was required for the class. well, off to the store shopping we go after class, $200 later and a smile that won't wash away with all the water in the city, he is good to go.

Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Limbs and Sticks

Re: son's first day...

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Congrats Guys, looks like a natural to me, I remember those days makes one proud.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
novacam

Post by novacam »

Looks like he had a great day and a day you two will never forget! I'm pretty sure his smile would be a lot bigger if he had a Crosby jersey on though...or at least a Habs jersey :wink:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Way to go. Start them young and watch them fly, :) :) .
Raymond
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Priceless!!!! :D
Handsome young man you got there!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
philman

Post by philman »

Congrats to your boy.Nice jersey ! 8) Go leafs Go!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

novacam wrote:Looks like he had a great day and a day you two will never forget! I'm pretty sure his smile would be a lot bigger if he had a Crosby jersey on though...or at least a Habs jersey :wink:
we joked about him gettin a Habs jersey, he just laughed and said "no way"..lol.. he likes Crosby, but he's a huge Luke Schenn fan. He loves watching his Leafs hockey. took him to our first every NHL game 2 years ago and he was just mesmorized. can't wait to see him tonight, they get to bring their sticks and have some fun.
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Is this a crossbow forum? What's with the hockey? Think you got the wrong forum!!
novacam

Post by novacam »

Well, there is nothing wrong with Schenn!! Have a blast!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Old Jim wrote:Is this a crossbow forum? What's with the hockey? Think you got the wrong forum!!
no, nothing wrong with this forum. as mentioned to us many times before, the other forums do not get read very often.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Old Jim, that's a rather ignorant comment. I for one enjoy post like this and many others do too. If you don't: then feel free to go back to yelling at the tv.
Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Cool. Good for the kids. I am 50 years old and still play with most kids in there twenties. Good thing I am a goalie or I would have retired years ago. I still play with my 3 boys in there twenties. Play twice a week.

Old Jim - it is called "hunting for a goal"! Or give them a big curved stick and it is called "head hunting for a goalie"! LOL
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great pick of your young fella!!
Good luck to him at camp, I hope he has a blast!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

j.krug wrote:Great pick of your young fella!!
Good luck to him at camp, I hope he has a blast!! :)
thanks everyone.. he's having an absolute blast.. he's loving it.. we are too actually, it's very rewarding as a parent ( step parent) to see your kids so involved and dedicated to something. especially the true canadian sport, hockey. it's just like the first time i shot my first grouse, HE'S HOOKED BABY..lol.. in relation to hunting though, i was gonna move my one stand over to a good spot, but i think i'm gonna sell it and maybe my wingmaster 12 guage too, so i can buy a 2 man ladder stand.. he's got the okay from momma to come hunting with me this year.. man, i love being a dad. these are the moments i'm dreamt of for many years, getting to spend such quality time with my boy. my daughter( now 2) will likely come into it too. we'll see how the baby in tow feels, he/she will be here in about 6 weeks.. YIKES!!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

shoot, forgot to add the pics from day 2.. here's a couple of him skating and stuff..

here, he's the second kid. Leafs jersey, of course.

here's he's skating over to the group to go over their exercises

here he is with his group, taking a knee as the teacher/coach talks..