Excalibur Flemish Strings Then & Now ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bhdpal

Excalibur Flemish Strings Then & Now ?

Post by bhdpal »

Is the Excalibur Fast Flight Flemish String #1989 that I purchased in 2006 with my Phoenix Crossbow, the same (made of same materials and same stretch) as the Excalibur Flemish Dyna Flight Strings currently advertised on the Excalibur website ?

If not can someone explain what the difference between the older flemish string and the new ones currently being sold ?

Joe P
Chie

Re: Excalibur Flemish Strings Then & Now ?

Post by Chie »

Hi
A word of advice - There are 2 flemish strings supplied to Excalibur by 2 different companies.

One is a Black and Brown, One is Black and Grey. The first one is 3/4 inch shorter than the second one.

Thats all well and good you may say, but if you have set up your xbow and bolts etc with the longer string say at the shorter bh line and suddenly out on a 3D or hunt you have to replace your string for some reason, the short one wont fit and will take a while to stretch {about 2 days and 3dz bolts} .

So make sure your backup string is the same one as the one on your xbow.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Chie wrote:Hi
There are 2 flemish strings supplied to Excalibur by 2 different companies.
I do not believe that this is correct. Danny Miller makes all of the strings for Excalibur with the exception of the Paradox.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The serving material is different on today's string vs. the string you got in 2006. It is more durable and will last longer.

I've never heard tell of anyone other than Danny Miller making those strings.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

bhdpal wrote:Is the Excalibur Fast Flight Flemish String #1989 that I purchased in 2006 with my Phoenix Crossbow, the same (made of same materials and same stretch) as the Excalibur Flemish Dyna Flight Strings currently advertised on the Excalibur website ?

If not can someone explain what the difference between the older flemish string and the new ones currently being sold ?

Joe P
They are the same. Give Danny a call at 740 483 2312. You'll find the price of the string quite reasonable.
Some people just like stepping on rakes